Wish List

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
kmorgan

Wish List

Post by kmorgan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 am

Haven't seen any W59 wish list ideas in awhile, so thought I'd start in...

Earik, many thanks for including midpoints in the Ephemeris. Some features that may make things easier for those of us who use them:

- ability to adjust ring size and line size, so the midpoints are more visible; the line size is most important.

- ability to choose to display a midpoint's opposition, maybe denoted by a different marking, such as a dot or triangle;
- along that line of thought, what if you could choose the harmonic?

- I may be missing something, but it appears that the motion of the midpoints coincide with the "Planet 1" setting. When one advances or goes backward in time, the midpoint ring seems fixed, rather than showing where each midpoint may actually be. For example, during the course of a day or a week, the midpoint between Jupiter and Saturn isn't going to move around a lot. Again, perhaps I'm not seeing this correctly.

Sorry; maybe too much Ebertin as a youth...

Best,

Kim

earik
Site Admin

Re: Wish List

Post by earik » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi Kim,

Ok, done! ;) 2.32 can plot fatter midpoint lines, and can also plot harmonics to that line. I can add user control for the width of the midpoint ring itself, but try the width setting first and see if that solves the problem or not. I think it will.

The midpoints should all move around as you progress the ephemeris. The only time they should be on top of planet 1 or 2 is if those planets are in conjunction. I just checked on my end and everything seems to be working properly. Double-check on your side and let me know if something seems fishy...

Regards,

Earik

kmorgan

Post by kmorgan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Wow, that was quick!

Thanks, Earik!

kmorgan

Post by kmorgan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:31 pm

...but wait! That's not all...

Earik,

Quick question: Would midpoints be of any value in the Natal Forecast setup screen?

Not sure how the NF is calculated; just wondering if midpoints could be used to fine-tune it.

Thanks again,

Kim

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi Kim,

I've never tried, so who knows what would happen. This is the problem with astro - there are a million different things to try... I'll think of a good way to manage them in other tools. I think counting degrees of midpoint movement might probably be the first one up on the to do list right now.

Earik

en1940

Post by en1940 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi Earik !!!

Current midpoints on my computer do not show up at all .... (((
Natal midpoins do (as dots).. Anyone else with same problems ???

Wish list:

1. Undo button for drawing/moving/deleting/changing colors, etc
2. Layers for drawing objects (assign several objects to one layer, show/hide these layers)
Otherwise charts can get very messy, show/hide one by one is very time consuming..

Regards,
Ev

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi Ev,

Watch for the upcoming 2.32, which I'm trying to get out next week. It has some enhancements for midpoint plotting. Hopefully that will help with yours...

I've thought about the layers idea, and even started programming that back in 2002 or something, but never finished it. Definitely would be a good idea... An undo button would be cool, but that's actually a LOT harder than it sounds. I'm not sure if I can pull that one off at this point...

Regards,

Earik

DC1

Post by DC1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:47 pm

if you are already working the ephemeris ... perhaps you could?
allow a more expanded color selection for the planets.... many of the current ones are indistinguishable ... particularly the brown and green
as well as option to change the size of the dots..... just as you do with the text of the text of the Aspects.... perhaps wishful thinking

Don

en1940

Post by en1940 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:08 am

Hi Earik !!

Any follow up on previous wishes: layers and undo button ))))?

New wish - Is it possible to display selected midpoints degree and aspects on ephemeries page?
exactly as you do for planets?

Regards
Ev

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi Ev,

Nothing to report on layers or an undo button besides my other comment. Adding midpoints to the degrees+aspects lists (or setting up a new one for them) shouldn't be a big deal though. That's definitely do-able. Right now I'm working on data issues, which has always caused a lot of trouble. It's a big job, so it won't happen all at once, but once it's done it will make W59 pretty sweet, as it opens up a whole bunch of possibilities for different bar types and indicators.

Regards,

Earik