2.42 just went out

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
earik
Site Admin

2.42 just went out

Post by earik » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:38 pm

It took a year to get from 2.40 to 2.41, but only a couple days to go from 2.41 to 2.42! Mostly bug fixes thanks to the new compiler/components we're using. We may get a 2.43 soon if more fixes need to get out, but I wanted to send this out there quickly so people didn't have to wait for it. Hopefully this one works a little better!

As always, you can always downgrade to the previous stable version - 2.40 in this case - if something blows up, so it's safe to upgrade if you want to kick the tires. I think the big improvements in the code base are worth the niggles, and am confident enough at this point that I'm running an automated system on 2.42 as we speak.

All for now,

Earik

sbank

Re: 2.42 just went out

Post by sbank » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi Earik,

With the 2.41 and the 2.42 releases, I am not seeing the ib_account_over_time.txt get updated.

Is this due to me running older versions of IB Gateway? (I saw in the release notes that there are some IB changes, so not sure if the file not getting updated is expected behavior.)

blade_master777

Re: 2.42 just went out

Post by blade_master777 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:56 pm

earik wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:38 pm
It took a year to get from 2.40 to 2.41, but only a couple days to go from 2.41 to 2.42! Mostly bug fixes thanks to the new compiler/components we're using. We may get a 2.43 soon if more fixes need to get out, but I wanted to send this out there quickly so people didn't have to wait for it. Hopefully this one works a little better!

All for now,

Earik
Hi Earik,
Thanks for the update and the theme options. There are some niggles with the dark theme in 2.42, The dialogue boxes and the scrollbar at the bottom of the page are still beige. It would be great to have these dark as well.

Also I think I found a bug. When you change from bars to candle sticks, they start bars, even though candle sticks is selected in the format menu. Also nothing happens if you click on the candle sticks button, it stays as bars.
W59 - Bug.png
W59 - Bug.png (225.97 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
cheers
blade