My Own Work

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

My Own Work

Post by ForJL » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:34 pm

These are 3 charts that are taken from my own work this morning. Depending on time and interest I'll explain the the thought process behind them and add others.

Best
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (730.3 KiB) Viewed 17832 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (520.04 KiB) Viewed 17832 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (351.29 KiB) Viewed 17832 times

ForJL

Re: My Own Work

Post by ForJL » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 pm

When I first started this thread back in June it was with the purpose of showing you guys some of the things I actually use in my own trading and show you how to replicate them yourselves if you so chose. While there are a lot of things pertaining to my work that I consider proprietary I thought that I could work around that without to much difficulty. Well, simply put I was wrong. Without going into specifics it will be difficult to replicate most of these things exactly without a better understanding of how I approach this form of analysis. Still, I want to give this a shot. So what I’m going to do is fill in as many of the blanks as I can and let you guys take it from there if interested. To that end lets get started.

I decided to start with a chart I use every day and the first one you see below. It is a 4 minute ES, the date 080420, and on it you see three different indicators. They are as follows:

1) Flux Lines
2) Aspects
3) GEMGP adjusted Natal Forecast

Lets now take a look at each individually.

Just about everyone I know who uses Wave59 has their own favorite Flux Line setup. No doubt many of you are nodding your head in agreement as you read this. It is a very flexible indicator and does a yeoman's like job each and every day. It is not used as my primary indicator for support and resistance levels but I like to keep an eye on it because of the unique way it approaches the task, thus making it an ideal tool when looking for confluence. The thing about this indicator is it does require the user [It is assumed from this point on that I am speaking only of my own opinion and not as matters of fact] to change inputs every so often as needed due to changes in astrological conditions. However not so often as to make it difficult to use. Like a lot of things I do on the astro side it ties into an overarching theme of a dominant energy signature to which the market is vibrating. It should be noted at this time that different indicators work differently and thus there could be more then one dominant energy signature needed at any given time and for the particular time domain under observation. The settings for this setup are seen below in the second chart. Here I am using the Show As Average option but also keep a second chart with that option turned off. I do this merely to get a different perspective of current conditions. There will be times where you notice one or the other giving superior results. Naturally that is the one you should gravitate to. Additionally while I don’t often change the harmonics of the Show As Average chart I do occasionally with the average turned off chart. Harmonics can and do change and being able to adapt to changing market conditions is a prerequisite of being a good trader. You can either go up or down the harmonic scale as you see fit. Chart #3 is using the same settings as #2 with Show As Average turned off. Chart #4 and #5 show two examples of moving up and down the harmonic scale and their receptive settings.

So as you can see this is really a versatile indicator that can give very strong results. Naturally there might be some tweaking needed for the individual user to fit their particular needs but with a little experimenting that shouldn’t be an issue.

In my next post I will cover the Aspect indicator on this chart. While it can at times give wonderful timing signals in and by itself that is not where it’s true strength lies. However that one is for another day. ;-)

All the best,
Joe
Attachments
#1.jpg
#1.jpg (685.43 KiB) Viewed 17630 times
#2.jpg
#2.jpg (920.04 KiB) Viewed 17630 times
#3.jpg
#3.jpg (522.66 KiB) Viewed 17630 times
#4.jpg
#4.jpg (513.58 KiB) Viewed 17630 times
#5.jpg
#5.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 17630 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:28 pm

I was planning on covering the Aspect indicator next as outlined in the previous post but decided to do the Planet Rise Harmonics instead. I was going to cover this one at a later date but it’s a favorite of mine and had everything teed up for the today and figured why not.

Before taking a look at the way I use this indicator I would encourage you to read about it it the Wave 59 help files first. The way I approach this indicator is different then the way Earik does but make no mistake, Earik is “The Man” and you should at least have an understanding of the way he does things before you start looking at any variations that others may do.

My approach is based on the Energy Flow and EMGP hypotheses that I developed over the years. This of course is were you will find this work challenging because it’s not going to be covered. I will only say in a very, very broad sense that it is my belief that the markets vibrate to energy signatures at pertinent places in time. They wax and wane with one dominating for a time and then giving way to another. The hurdle for the user is to not only identify these energy signatures but also understand and know how to use them correctly.

In my work with the Planet Rise Harmonic indicator I have found that using the correct setup for the indicator is only the first step. The next step is identifying the “trigger” mechanism for the setup. So what do I mean? I have found that with any given setup (setups can last for weeks) the event that tells the user when something in the market is about to happen can change. If you look at the chart below you will notice a horizontal fushia line that is running through the indicator at level 5. This is because my work told me that this was today’s “Event Level”. In this particular case it was both cross above 5 and cross below 5. There will be times when it is one or the other. There will be other times when the EL is perhaps 30 and cross below. The salient point here is that it can and does change when used in this manner. In the chart you can see arrows that depict when EL’s where crossed and their corresponding effects on the ES. You will also notice that the arrows on price are of various sizes and this is an attempt on my part to show their relative effectiveness. This only pertains to my work and shouldn’t concern the reader. While I’m at it the vertical lines and apects are for a large scale experimental project I am working on and has nothing at all to do with this discussion. The second chart below shows the settings that I am using for the Planet Rise Harmonics indicator used to create this chart.

Next time around I will definitely be discussing those aspects. Another tool I am considering for discussion is the GEOS or Gerbino Eye Of Storm pattern seen in the third chart. So named at the suggestion of my good friend, colleague, and member of this board, Joseph Feinberg. I developed this some time ago and have spoken about it a few times on the old board. Since that time it’s use has been refined which in turn has improved it’s performance greatly. I’m not sure about this one though and we will just have to see.

Best,
Joe
Attachments
PRH#1.jpg
PRH#1.jpg (426.31 KiB) Viewed 17564 times
PRH#2.jpg
PRH#2.jpg (632.93 KiB) Viewed 17564 times
GEOS.jpg
GEOS.jpg (251.21 KiB) Viewed 17564 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:02 pm

I want to start by taking a quick look at the Planet Rise Harmonics indicator that we looked at in my last post. In this example the model has changed and so has the EL (Event Level). In this example it is now nine. The interesting thing about today is early in the morning a cross above and below the EL both triggered a CIT (Change In Trend) in the market. As the day progressed however the cross above signal faded and we were left only with the cross below the EL as effective event signals. Generally speaking when one or the other gives out (cross above or cross below) it is an indication that strong energy decay is present. More often then not you see the effectiveness of these signals fade away rather than just stop. You can actually see that occurring in the cross below as the day progressed. Additionally you will notice I highlighted the signal at 0945 and will come back to that in a bit.
[Note: I wrote this paragraph around 1430 and as it turned out the PRH gave a solid signal at @1520. While an excellent example of why I say “generally,” the comments above still hold.]

Lets now turn are attention to the second chart. Here you see those same Flux Lines, though with different harmonics, Aspect Lines, red vertical lines, and a Natal To Transit signal. I forgot to mention that one earlier on but you will notice it in the very first chart of the thread. We already covered the Flux lines so lets look at the Aspects. The thing about these type of signals is that when you isolate them correctly they will define the beginning and end of an energy signature. The “Bookends” as I like to call them will at times give solid CIT signals themselves but their true strength is in their ability to show the user where a strong harmonic pulse is in the market. As you can see here in this case I have divided the energy signature into three separate sections or thirds. Thus, this is the “pulse” of this particular energy signature. It can change quite a bit though these particular Aspects are quite stable. To be honest I can’t even remember the last time I had to change them and would have to refer to my notes to check when I should do it next. The pulse as I say does change quite a bit. You will find that fifth’s, quarters, and eighth's occur the most frequent and in that order. However I have used as small as halves and as many as twelfth’s in my work. Somehow or another it all has a musical bent to me and hence my renewed interest in music and markets. Anyhow finding these things is all very complicated and relates deeply to Energy Flow. The settings for the Aspects are shown but you will have to figure out the Exchange on your own. As for finding the correct pulse there are two ways of doing it. The first is propitiatory and I’m not willing to go into it. The second way is about as simple as it gets. Simply use the Time Accordion tool in Wave59 and start dividing the energy signature into sections. When you find the right division you will notice it fairly quickly. Obviously you will need some data first so you won’t be able to tell the pulse for the entire signature but depending on the circumstance you might be able to get a pretty good chunk of it. And yes, I have done it this way myself when pressed for time. The final point I want to make here is remember the 0945 signal I pointed out on the Planet Rise Harmonic Chart? As you can see here we also get a pulse signal that coincides with it and produces a very nice move in the market.

Speaking about being pressed for time I’m feeling that pinch right now so will need to be brief on the rest of this. It is my opinion that the Transit To Natal indicator was a great addition to Wave59. There are a few different ways that I use it and will cover one of them here now. After doing my homework and setting up the TTN the way I want it I will take the Bar Counter and mark off Gerbino Sequence numbers in lunar degrees. There were a total of six signals going back to the markets open Sunday night. There was what I consider one bad signal in the group and is marked by a black arrow. The other five are marked in red and will let you judge their effectiveness. Additionally there was a signal here at 0657 that is highlighted and indicates where we get a confluence of TNT/Ls and Aspect pulse signals that resulted in a @11 point rally.

That’s about all the time I have for now. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

All The Best,
Joe
Attachments
PRH#1.jpg
PRH#1.jpg (506.63 KiB) Viewed 17521 times
Aspects#2.jpg
Aspects#2.jpg (993.83 KiB) Viewed 17521 times
TTN#3.jpg
TTN#3.jpg (717 KiB) Viewed 17521 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:26 pm

I'm trying to get a gauge on where the groups interest's lie and was wondering if anyone has tried any of the techniques I have written about? Additionally if you have tried them what kind of results have you been able to achieve? Just a sentence or two would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
Curious.jpg
Curious.jpg (218.53 KiB) Viewed 17389 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Aspects using Spanish Flu model have been doing well lately but expecting decay shortly. Adjusted Flux lines are also doing well over same period.

Finally due to the overwhelming response to the questions in my previous post I must ask that any further submissions be halted at this time. :lol: Hey, have to have some fun here. ;)

Joe
Attachments
Aspects.png
Aspects.png (161.77 KiB) Viewed 17299 times
Flux.png
Flux.png (161.55 KiB) Viewed 17299 times

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:58 am

Aspects to Spanish Flu? That's clever. ;)

Just so you know, you've got like 700 views, so people are reading your stuff, just being shy about jumping in.

Earik

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:56 am

Hi Earik,

Oh I know they are reading. I just thought I would have a little fun with the group and tease them a bit. I certainly hope everyone understood that. My experience has always been when people have something to say they generally say it. So when they do I'll be here waiting because even after 30 years I still enjoy doing this.

By the way I'm glad you liked the Spanish Flu aspects. As expected we had decay and moved from a quintile setting to trine. It too is becoming a bit unstable now. In any case who know's, perhaps this will be the subject of my next post. ;)

Joe
Attachments
SpFlu_FollowUP.jpg
SpFlu_FollowUP.jpg (597.33 KiB) Viewed 17182 times

ES_Surfer

Post by ES_Surfer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 am

ForJL,

Thanks for taking the time on this. I will await the next post.

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:36 am

I literally just had a good friend of mine who is an amateur trader ask me how I achieve the kind of results as I did below. Which by the way are not perfect by any means (it missed a couple of big ones) but pretty darn good. I told him to do two things … first, go out and get Wave59. :-) (He is not a member of the community nor does he own Wave59) Second, supplement your knowledge of astro-economics (he is a amateur there too) with that of the earths magnetic field. I have alluded to this here in the past but sometimes get the feeling that no one is picking up on it. In any case that is the key … at least to the way I do things. ;-)

Joe
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (422.7 KiB) Viewed 16801 times