Prime Spirals

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

Prime Spirals

Post by ForJL » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to take a minute to show you a new project I’m working on. The chart below is nothing but a prime spiral overlaying a chart that has been properly scaled and placed on a EIP. It is something I have been thinking about doing for some time and finally getting around to. The basic idea behind the spirals are easy but can get math intensive the more you delve into them. For now though I’m keeping it simple and is just as I say, a numbers spiral on a chart. At this point I am hypothesizing that the numbers (the circles) on the chart act similarly to the dot’s on Earik’s SA/SR indicator but it’ s way to early to tell for sure.

Anyhow there is not a lot here yet but thought I would post it anyway in case any of you wanted to try doing some research on your own. The forecast begins at the red arrow.

Best,
Joe
Attachments
GerbinoPrimeSpiral.jpg
GerbinoPrimeSpiral.jpg (498.86 KiB) Viewed 4539 times

Eagle

Re: Prime Spirals

Post by Eagle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:57 pm

A nice clean chart Joe. As traders we very much like support and resistance lines!

Your spiral has calculated these lines and it will be interesting to see if they hold.

Thanks

Rob

ForJL

Re: Prime Spirals

Post by ForJL » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Ron,

Thanks, the project is however in it’s early infancy. I don’t usually post anything at this stage but always trying to shake things up on the board and thought I’d give this a try. I was actually really groping with that first chart (the update is below) trying to figure out a) is this worth pursuing and b) if so, how? The second chart below is the one I have been working with and testing now. This one has more thought behind it. First, I lined up the EIP’s (Energy Inflection Points) to the start of the spiral and the number 20. The number 20 is a significant number within GS. Next I ran a line through connecting numbers (blue dash) and another (red dash) between them. Finally I added yellow boxes at locations where price and numbers interact. Here the numbers appear to act as repellents of price. The light blue boxes on the other hand may, and I stress may, act as “influences” of price depending on what side of the line price is trading. That said there is a ton to explore here as this stuff can get pretty wild very quickly. When you get a chance look up the Ulam Spiral and you will see what I mean.

Best,
Joe
Attachments
PS_1.jpg
PS_1.jpg (493.75 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
PS_2.jpg
PS_2.jpg (446.62 KiB) Viewed 4471 times