Service Request

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
dwedding

Service Request

Post by dwedding » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:26 pm

I'm still thinking that it might be possible to connect Wave49 to TD Ameritrade as it was originally designed and I'd like you to consider doing it again.

Thanks,
David Wedding

earik
Site Admin

Re: Service Request

Post by earik » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi David,

They actually just sent me a notice that they've finished their new API. How many years was that? I had forgotten about them. Anyway, I'm going to check it out, and hopefully soon you'll be able to connect with them once more. Their old API had more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese, so hopefully this new one will be a little more stable. They've been working on it forever now (like a decade) so I'm hoping they've come up with something robust.

Regards,

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 pm

Hi Earik,

Just checking back with you on the TDA API. Charles Schwab has bought out TDA, but it's possible that the API is still the same. Can you check again that Wave59 can be programmed to connect with it.

Thanks,
David Wedding

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:35 pm

Hi Earik,

Just checking back with you on the TDA API. Charles Schwab has bought out TDA, but it's possible that the API is still the same. Can you check again that Wave59 can be programmed to connect with it.

Thanks,
David Wedding

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi David,

I'm working my way over to it. It's a totally new one from before. I didn't realize TDA had been bought out by Schwab, but would be surprised if they can the API after doing that (although you never know, that's what happened with QCharts years ago). As you know, I wasn't a fan of TDA's API before (at all), so hopefully getting some new management in there will be a good thing rather than a bad one.

I'm going to try and see if I can squeeze this into the next update or two. Depends on how hard it is.

Regards,

Earik