Syncing Ephemeris With A Chart

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
dwedding

Syncing Ephemeris With A Chart

Post by dwedding » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:36 am

Attached is an image of an ephemeris and a price chart. How can these two charts be linked and syncronized. I want to step the planet (or planets) of my choice through the Zodiac and show a line on the chart that represents that planet move in sync with the ephemeris across the bars of the price chart. Preferably I'd like to have the planet symbol on the chart top above the line. How can this be done?
W59 Ephemeris & Chart.jpg
W59 Ephemeris & Chart.jpg (432.59 KiB) Viewed 15657 times

earik
Site Admin

Re: Syncing Ephemeris With A Chart

Post by earik » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi dwedding,

FYI, you can do this in the upcoming version 2.39. :D

Regards,

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:24 am

Thanks Earik.

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:06 am

Hi Earik,

I've installed version 2.39 and tried to figure out how to sync the ephemeris with a chart and I cannot figure how to do it. Would you provide me with instructions on how I can do this?

Thanks.

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi dwedding,

Pull up an ephemeris, then in the format page, look for "link to charts". The option is in the upper left, in the date selection area. Once you do that, the ephemeris will snap to whatever date you click using the vertical bar cursor on your charts. So just go to a chart, select the vertical bar cursor, and click somewhere. To get that cursor, either right-click and select from the pop-up menu, or use the toolbar on the far left (3rd icon down).

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:37 am

Thanks Earik,

I placed a vertical cursor on the chart after linking it to the ephemeris. Then I move the vertical cursor on the chart to make the ephemeris move and this works. However, when I release the mouse button on the vertical cursor, the program crashes. Up to that point the link works. It's nice that the link to the cursor moves the ephemeris, but how about if I want to step through the ephemeris and then the vertical cursor move too?

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi dwedding,

It crashes every time you release the mouse button? Ugh. If that's true, open a support request and let's work on it...

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi Earik,

I haven't done that before. How do I open a service request?

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Go here: https://www.wave59.com/support. That way it can all get managed by the ticket system (and you can enter personal login info, etc, without having to worry about it being posted on a public forum). Don't bother siging up for an account in the ticket system - just open a ticket and put your email in there, and it will just bounce messages over to you that way without you having to log in anywhere.

Regards,

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:19 am

Earik,

I've been trying to logon to the support webpage with my email address and password, but my logon information doesn't work. What could be going wrong? Anyway I have a video clip of what I'm trying to achieve. I've done this in Optuma, but D'mitri uses Wave59 in his class, so I'd like to have Wave59 do this.

Here's the video clip.
https://youtu.be/TxjaRQIf_kE