New in 2.38: Declination Counter

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
earik
Site Admin

New in 2.38: Declination Counter

Post by earik » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

In the upcoming (about a week) version 2.38, the bar counter can count in degrees of planetary declination (and latitude) in addition to the regular longitude. I was just messing around with it for testing purposes, which of course ended up in me trying to solve for future highs and lows. Check this out:
merc_dec_mirror.png
Mercury Declination Counter on IBM
merc_dec_mirror.png (43.04 KiB) Viewed 9135 times
This is a daily chart of IBM. All those bar counters are counting in degrees of Mercury's declination traveled from the low in Feb of 2016. The interesting thing is that this low appears to be a mirror point. So if you count backwards from there to get to an important high or low, you can record the number, and then count forward in time to get a future high or low. For example, the low in Jan, 2015 to our mirror point is 140 degrees. Count forward 140 degrees and you get the high in Feb, 2017. I've sort of thrown them all on there in a big pile, but if you look at the numbers, you should be able to follow. (Right click on the chart and open in a new window if it's too squished.) Makes me wonder why I never thought to try this out before. (Good idea, Dev!!! ;) )

Earik

sbank

Re: New in 2.38: Declination Counter

Post by sbank » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Does this require IQcollector to be used?

earik
Site Admin

Re: New in 2.38: Declination Counter

Post by earik » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:22 pm

No, will work with all the feeds. ;)

Earik