Kurt just wrote an Elliot Wave script!

Have a QScript to share, or need help with programming? Post your comment here.
earik
Site Admin

Kurt just wrote an Elliot Wave script!

Post by earik » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi gang,

I just received an email from Kurt, who writes some pretty awesome scripts. He just finished some Elliot wave counting scripts. :shock: This is something I had given up on long ago, and am really impressed. Here are a couple screen grabs he posted of them in action:
Elliott_5_motive.png
wave 5 motive
Elliott_5_motive.png (13.62 KiB) Viewed 14786 times
Elliott_5_corrective.png
wave 5 corrective
Elliott_5_corrective.png (16.97 KiB) Viewed 14786 times
Elliott_3_corrective.png
wave 3 corrective
Elliott_3_corrective.png (20.04 KiB) Viewed 14786 times
He didn't ask for me to put these up, I just got really excited about it and didn't know what else to do. :D W59 users can download these for free in the library: http://www.wave59.com/library

Thanks, Kurt!!

Earik

kurthulse

Re: Kurt just wrote an Elliot Wave script!

Post by kurthulse » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Thanks for posting, Earik. But just to make sure everybody knows -- these are only drawing tools that assign Elliott wave labels to bars. They make it easy to revise a count or switch between alternatives, but they don't count the waves for you.

The latter idea might be possible, but it would be a much bigger project. You've got me thinking about it now though... :)

earik
Site Admin

Re: Kurt just wrote an Elliot Wave script!

Post by earik » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:51 pm

If you can figure out an automatic Elliot script that does a halfway decent job, we'll figure out some sort of special title for you on this board. :lol: Back in the early days of W59 in particular, people were always asking me for this. The problem is that it's impossible to write one that doesn't always go back and change the counts around after the fact. At least, back when I was into Elliot, I never found one that could do it...

Earik