Time and Price

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
daveobrien

Time and Price

Post by daveobrien » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:49 pm

Dear All
I was watching David Williams from PageTrader yesterday on the internet with regards to some of his trading methods.
David vaguely touched upon his method of time-price analysis which he describes as the "technical analysis of numbers".
David says that his method is not based on numerology nor Gann [ from previous webinars ].
He does give hints though, that many numbers are mulliples of other numbers and that numbers have opposites [ like odd and even numbers].
His work does seem pretty good at marrying time and price together and I'm wondering if my learned friends at Wave 59 might have some idea about the concepts used.
Many Thanks
Dave
UK

Baha

Re: Time and Price

Post by Baha » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Looks like same thing, different guru, with some good marketing skills.

From my experience, losing money, reading a lot and finding out what works and what doesn't is the best way to go when it comes to trading and investing. I can't stress the importance of finding out what works and what doesn't work for you. If you have a mentor you are lucky, if you don't, then pedaling in milk until it becomes butter is what needs to be done. and it is not easy both mentally and financially.

On the long run getting trading signals from another person, in my humble opinion, will get you only too far.
He might be using esoteric stuff. The stuff that I saw in the previous wave59 forum was second to none when it comes to approaching the markets in an unconventional way. So, I am not sure if he, whatever methodology he uses, would surprise even a novice like myself.

Teaching people what you learned over the years is okay but selling signals has never made sense to me. If you are really good, then keep making money because obviously you are good enough-you don't need other people's money. If you sell trading signals to others and spend bunch of time and energy on marketing and web design then any logical person would question your credibility. There is defntly more money to be made in the markets than selling signals. I don't even need to know how much he charges for them.

Commercial entities like this were around when Gann was alive and will probably still be around when I am gone; simply because the supply of people who want to make easy money with fond hope is abundant.

He describes his work as "technical analysis of numbers" then he says that he doesn't use numerology. Well, that is a bit confusing for me.
When it comes to marrying time and price together I would have a look at Michael Jenkins and Bryce Gilmore books. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to see what wave59 book store has to offer. I'm sure those who have purchased the material will make a comment and share their pearls of wisdom.

happy trading

Simon.B

Post by Simon.B » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi Dave, Baha.

Well said Baha as usual. I can understand what makes so many folks try to sell whatever they can - the market is just so big, too hungry and desperate.
With that said, there is some material that is okay out there, and here. While no one will sell you something great, some material is decent, and as far as why sell something that works well ? Lol...why not ? One of my floor trader friends was telling me about one guy who was on the floor right next to him in a Bond options pit, guy was brilliant, knew every move which was about to happen, used to call out perfect trades before the fact, but could never pull the trigger, and after three years finally left the floor. I guess that makes for one more type who may have something worth while to sell since they could never do it themselves. Like Jesse Livermore said all those years ago - " Good analysts usually do not make good traders ". :)
By the way - Gann was aggressively advertising his advisory services for many years, and for quite a bit of money. Some people believe that eventually Gann made more money from selling his service than trading.

But you are right of course about the fact that most stuff advertised is pure garbage. There is nothing wrong with incorporating some decent learned methods in to your own trading style, but simply copying someone else's approach because it works for them - usually does not end well. If one wants to simply blindly follow calls made by another trader - using managed futures services is a better route. Whatever approach one uses - it needs to be a product of his/her own labor....that's just how it works.

Good trading all,

Baha

Post by Baha » Sun May 01, 2016 4:40 pm

You are right, I may have been a little too rigid. I am sure there is some decent material out there. ASpen trading could be one of them.

Speaking of price time, I will finish this by sharing this amazing animation

https://youtu.be/7hOMDy1l7Gs

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Sun May 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi Baha,
Please allow me to dovetail in a video on this topic. Ray Tomes has done a lot of work on cycles. He has posted a video showing cycle analysis of chakras and acupuncture points.
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhniOMr7Ec

Baha

Post by Baha » Mon May 02, 2016 11:36 pm

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.