IB Changing exchange names

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
sbank

IB Changing exchange names

Post by sbank » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:35 pm

Just a heads up, received this e-mail from IB this morning. This will be potentially complicated for those that trade many markets. I am still unsure if I need to close everything then reopen new positions.

FAQ here: https://ibkr.com/article?id=380632712
Please note that Interactive Brokers is completing an effort to update and consolidate exchange names where appropriate. When this effort is complete, the following updates will be in effect:
* GLOBEX and CMECRYPTO will be consolidated to a single exchange, ‘CME’
* ECBOT will be updated to ‘CBOT’
* COMEX listed metals (previously reflected as NYMEX) will be updated to exchange ‘COMEX’
* NYMEX, no change
Given the wide breadth of products involved, we are migrating in four waves based on underlying products:
Screenshot 2022-10-28 103419.png
Screenshot 2022-10-28 103419.png (14.05 KiB) Viewed 7546 times
Note: After each migration, GTC orders will be retained. These orders will show the updated exchange name but remain active.

abacaba

Re: IB Changing exchange names

Post by abacaba » Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:30 pm

I contacted IB about this today. I had some concerns since I use API interface to collect data.

We have the opportunity to opt out if we want. Account Mgt. should have a msg. sitting with a page detailing the planned move along with an "Opt Out" button. IB says that if you opt out, no need to change to new domain CME from GLOBEX. I will be relieved to know in a few days that this actually is the case!

Todd

sbank

Post by sbank » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:01 pm

Oh excellent to know. I will definitely opt out for now. (kick the can down the road so to speak..)

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:27 pm

This did sound a bit fishy. Although the customer chat rep told me this morning that the Opt Out button on the msg. would let users disengage from the conversion process, I have discovered that this is not the case. Hitting that button only lets the user opt out of receiving messages like that in the future. So we'll see how this all goes.

Todd

sbank

Post by sbank » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:42 pm

Yeah, I noticed that optout looks like it is just for future messages. I did not click it. I will wait for that Sunday night to look at my positions, then adjust accordingly on Monday. Heck, now that I write this, maybe I will just exit everything on Friday afternoon....