Exporting Planetary Lines (or anything) from the chart

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
ES_Surfer

Exporting Planetary Lines (or anything) from the chart

Post by ES_Surfer » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:44 pm

To All,

Does anyone know if we can export, for example the Flux Planetary lines on the screen to a CSV file? I have a second charting application with my broker that I can import data to display on chart. I would like to do this for secondary confirmation.

On another note, does anyone know how the Flux lines are calculated? I would like to play around with the numbers in Excel and/or Python. Are the Flux lines proprietary?

ES_Surfer

Re: Exporting Planetary Lines (or anything) from the chart

Post by ES_Surfer » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Hi Earik,

At your convenience, if you some input that would be great. Thanks in advance.

earik
Site Admin

Re: Exporting Planetary Lines (or anything) from the chart

Post by earik » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:00 pm

Hi ES,

You *could* export them, but keep in mind that there are multiple levels calculated every single bar. So importing something like that to display isn't going to be super easy, and will require some work on your broker side. You can't export direct from the indicator itself, but would have to write a script to do it. There are file reading/writing functions available, so you'd output to a csv, and then would need to figure out how to import on the other end.

Flux lines aren't a proprietary calculation. We have some W59-esque stuff in ours, but it's not some big secret. Basically, you just figure out how many points per 360 degrees your conversion factor is, then use that to move from planetary degrees to price. Here's an example for you:

planet degree = 65
points per 360 degrees = 10

Given that there are 360 degrees in the zodiac, we can say the planet is at 65 / 360 = 0.18. Then since there are 10 points per 360 you go 0.18 x 10 = 1.8. So you go to your chart and put a dot at 1.8 at that point in time. Do it again on the next bar, then connect the dots. The hard part is that it repeats every 360 degrees, so not only do you need a dot at 1.8, but you also need one at 1.8 + 10 (your scale factor), and also 1.8 + 10 + 10, etc. It goes up infinitely. And if you want aspects to that planet, you also have to solve for those.

So that's the "formula" if you will. Not super difficult, but also not easy to implement automatically.

Hope that helps,

Earik