Just who the heck is trading here anyway

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
DC1

Just who the heck is trading here anyway

Post by DC1 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:33 am

I have traded for years the S&P 500 and trying to figure out who is actually trading it in it's 24 Hour a day cycle

I have noticed a continual softness of the market when various large market groups are about to enter or have just entered the market or are approaching their close

Trying to figure out who is picking up the trading when NY closes at 315 and then trades 330 to 400 and who is staring trading at 1800 hours daily and on Sunday which implies an Eastern country

Anyone know

No one in the world seems to be open at those times too early or too late for most countries

Simon.B

Re: Just who the heck is trading here anyway

Post by Simon.B » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 pm

Hey DC1,

Obviously trading is thinner during those hours, but most funds and trading groups keep an eye on the Market 24 hours a day anyway. Anytime any Market is trading - enough folks are watching, regardless of their local time. I remember when I used to run a small Fund, during the week I slept in 90min - 120min increments and check prices in between :) , not the healthiest lifestyle .