Old Threads

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
Absstar21

Old Threads

Post by Absstar21 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:51 am

Hi Earik, when will you be uploading the meterial from the old forum

earik
Site Admin

Re: Old Threads

Post by earik » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Hi Absstar21,

The two databases are completely different, so it's more than just copying the contents of one and pasting it into the other. You have to figure out how to map all the fields over, and do an insert into the new one. I've backed everything up so that's a possibility, but I'm still not sure how difficult it's going to be. So we'll see. I don't have a due date for that - it will happen when it happens. In the meantime, I think we ought to consider creating some new material here. ;)

Regards,

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi Earik,
Since we want new material I have a question that I need answered so I can do some research. I have two attachments to this post. One is AT on the ephemeris and the one is AT on the bar chart. Am I correct to assume that the AT on the ephemeris is on a 24 hour basis? Obviously the one bar chart is only during market hours. Thanks
Best wishes,
NDscorpini
Attachments
ATscreen2.jpg
ATscreen2.jpg (136.5 KiB) Viewed 8094 times
ATscreen1.jpg
ATscreen1.jpg (155.33 KiB) Viewed 8094 times

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi ND,

You seem to be missing some bars on that chart... How's that scale factor working out for you in these volatile markets? :D

The ephemeris shows the energy for every degree at the moment you calculate it for. So it's much more of a snapshot-in-time sort of thing. The chart is different. The chart shows the energy at the exchange location as it changes over time. They're similar, but the chart version is actually computing a new ephemeris every single bar, but only shows the one specific degree, rather than 360 of them. They should actually line up pretty well, but not exactly, since the energy changes a little during the day depending on the faster planets and the orb setting you've selected.

Regards,

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:58 am

Earik my good man,
Since you brought up the topic of new material...got anything new coming our way? I know you are working hard on 3.0 BUT...have you been planning any new books, seminars or courses? Just curious.
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Hi ND,

At this point, I've written quite a few books. There's always more to research of course (it's never ending), but eventually you reach the point where you've got plenty of great tools and just don't need any more. I guess if my goal was to be a trading educator, it would be time to publish something new, but this has never been about writing books or selling software for me, and honestly I sort of fell into this whole thing by accident. Because of that, I've pretty much been focusing on trading the last couple years, and haven't put a whole lot of time or energy into the business side of W59. No more phones, no sales people, no programming staff, put the 3.0 architecture project on hold, locked the forum off from the public... You can read between the lines there and it tells a story. :)

So as far as books go, I currently don't have any plans to write more of them. I know I've said that before when UTM came out, and ended up publishing MTS anyway, so I could be wrong about it, but I'm feeling pretty complete at this point. We'll see, maybe I'll be inspired. For me to want to write another one, I need to be able to cover something that I feel like I skipped over or left out in all the others, and at this point it's just going to end up being another way to skin the cat, and there are already so many ways to do that already. Saying that another way, if people can't make money using UTM or MTS, then I'm not sure another book from me is going to be able to fix that, because the fix isn't something that can be put into a book.

Regards,

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Earik,
It sound like you are Mayweather are going to retire undefeated this month(9/2015). Your post was a little depressing. I guess if you are in your late 30's early 40's and retiring I guess I should be happy for you. I would have liked to have heckled you at a seminar;)
Best wishes,
NDscorpini