how do I???

This is a general purpose room for anything that doesn't seem to fit into any of the more specialized areas.
NDscorpini

how do I???

Post by NDscorpini » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:15 am

Hi All,
How do I duplicate the original gann square on previous builds with the new one? You know what I am talking about right? There was a green gann square where all you had to do was just size it around a particular area. Thanks
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

earik
Site Admin

Re: how do I???

Post by earik » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi ND,

That old one is gone. To replicate it, you'd need to write a script. Two hotspots, one for each corner, then draw some lines around to connect everything. If I remember right, it was really just 1x1s and 1x2s...

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Earik my good man,
Wouldn't it make more sense to either
1. copy and paste the code in your reply
2. add it back in one of your updates

This way the WHOLE community could use it if they wish. Why re-invent the wheel when my idea may or may not be a good one?
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi ND,

I was just speaking off the cuff. I don't have any code for that, so I'd still have to write it in order to post anything. I actually don't have any plans to add it back in because I think the new Gann Square is better. You can use the "dynamic" option to size it however you like, and if you set the angles to 1x1 and 1x2, and uncheck "repeat into the future", you should get a replica of the old one...

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi Earik,
Thanks for trying but I can't get the size right with the new one. For example, with the old one I could size it like the Fractal of Pi. The trick I have doesn't involve hot spots. We'll never know if my idea was viable.
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

p.s.
I don't know if I explained myself correctly. I'm looking for a floating "overlay" that I can manually adjust the size (height and width) that I can anchor anywhere on the screen. From my experience, hotspots aren't always the best choices. This is why I had/have so much love for the last gann square. It was literally exactly what I just described. No worries...

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:22 am

Do you always use it as a square, or do you need it to be a rectangle sometimes too? If it's always a square, you could create a geometric pattern. That will let you size it and place it wherever you want (and tilt it too).

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi Earik,
Thanks for your help. I was able to manually duplicate the Gann Square by putting in the individual Gann fans. My idea worked better on large range days and not congestion days. Clearly, I am looking for something that works consistently EVERY day. Thanks again
Best wishes,
NDscorpini