Barry Gumm books

Post anything not related to trading here.
alexashka

Barry Gumm books

Post by alexashka » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Greetings w59 community,

Few days ago was going through Bradley Cowan phase (nothing in particular just felt attracted to his material second time in 6 or so years).

During that time "stumbled" upon material belonging to a gentlemen named Barry Gumm.

Snapshot from his book had few references to Bradley Cowan, also his book cost only 20 or so $$. After noticing double letters in his last name (yep, I'm double last name letter biased since 2007 *-*) had another hmmmmmmmm "very interesting double last name letter coincidence I better knock and open that door and see what is behind it^^" moment so thought I gotta dive a bit deeper..

Bought and on 3D chapter, going through "confused" phase at the moment as he jumped to charts and i felt like there are another two chapters "missing". When reading Earik's books never experienced that "confused about the material" phase. Never confusion about material it self like understood mentally and I guess intuitively what Earik's was/is saying may had questions after reading material it self. Not with Barry tho.

Confused about material due to jump to charts with description about 5-6 variables missing and what they do. May be just need to work on improving my intellect which is very possible.

Was curious if any w59 members were/are exposed to Barry Gumm's material and if yes did you experienced any confusion when starting reading 3D chapter?

Btw book I bought was one that has newest release date: "Market Triangulation, increase your trading accuracy to over 95%, spiritual investing and trading".

Thank you. Alex.

earik
Site Admin

Re: Barry Gumm books

Post by earik » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi Alex,

I took a look at that guy's site and found this:
If your broker can not provide you with a targeting accuracy of 99.99??% to 100% then buy my book so you will know more than them!
The guy is obviously really into the accuracy part of trading. I find it more useful to focus on the profit side though. :D

So if accuracy is your thing, and we need to get above 99.99% in order to know what the heck we're talking about according to that site, then here's a 100% accurate system for you. This is for stock indexes, and will work on ES/YM/etc. You can program and automate it in W59 if you want, and get backtest results to prove that it works. It only has one rule: Buy Monday morning, then exit at first profitable close. There you have it. You're not going to want to trade it, but it's 100% accurate, and has never lost.

Regards,

Earik

Baha

Post by Baha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:05 pm

I am not sure he can even square his charts properly.

alexashka

Post by alexashka » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi Earik, Baha

Thank you for your reply. Accuracy is not something I've focused on in particular over the years. At least not as #1. This book was more of a... "Reference buy" as was at that time looking into Cowan's material and book had few references to him so that was/is main reason as to how it even got on my radar it could have had any other name would have probably bought it.^^ (plus double letter name ^^)

Squaring is something I thought of as well as it should have tied into setup rules for some of his stuff. At the moment on chapter 5, kind of getting cold as too many loose ends from my perspective or may be just gotten used to quality of Earik's material (I've started on the path of trading using Earik's and Neall's books only, in 2007, where overwhelming majority of parts interconnected and chapters are self sustaining in information they provide, later branched out a bit).

Earik, thank you for taking your time and looking into it, no worries about implementing. I have plenty of material to utilize and evolve as a trader. Just thought to ask if anyone else went through that book and feedback and if it was only me who gotten a bit confused by Barry Gumm's writing style and how he structures information.

With best regards. Alex.