Ephemeris and bar counter tool inquiry

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
Dubs

Ephemeris and bar counter tool inquiry

Post by Dubs » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Earik,

Couple of quick questions for you.

1)Is there anyway to enable 2 decimal or even 3 decimal places for latitude / declination values in the ephemeris. Really comes in handy for slower planets.

2) For the bar counter tool, I noticed it takes retrograde motion into consideration when calculating the # of degrees moved for planets in geocentric orientation. Is there a way to toggle that option on / off. I find they both work.

3) This one would be huge - ephemeris aspect listed to include transit against natal and progressed against natal

1 & 2 would save me a lot of time if it is possible and 3 is on my wishlist for 3.0 :)

Thank you,

Dubs

earik
Site Admin

Re: Ephemeris and bar counter tool inquiry

Post by earik » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi Dubs,
1)Is there anyway to enable 2 decimal or even 3 decimal places for latitude / declination values in the ephemeris. Really comes in handy for slower planets.
Not yet, but that could be added. You could program a script to do it though, using the astro_declination( ) function. Add a hotspot, calculate the declinations for the bar, then print it out to the script log. You'll get lots of decimals.
2) For the bar counter tool, I noticed it takes retrograde motion into consideration when calculating the # of degrees moved for planets in geocentric orientation. Is there a way to toggle that option on / off. I find they both work.
No, that would have to be added too. Would be a good checkbox option.
3) This one would be huge - ephemeris aspect listed to include transit against natal and progressed against natal
You can do transit-to-natals using the transit to natal tool in the astro menu, right on the chart. It only uses current planets and not progressed, so that one would have to be added. What probably needs to be done is to build a full blown aspectarian, where you specify all the various planets/progressions/natals/etc, and then get a big list ordered by date. I used to have one that did all that. Not sure if I can find it again, but if so, it would be easy to put in W59.

Regards,

Earik

Dubs

Re: Ephemeris and bar counter tool inquiry

Post by Dubs » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 pm

Earik,

Not yet, but that could be added. You could program a script to do it though, using the astro_declination( ) function. Add a hotspot, calculate the declinations for the bar, then print it out to the script log. You'll get lots of decimals.
It would be more convenient if all the info is on the ephermeris, as you know I am terrible at qscript, so I assume these will make it to the next version ;)

Aspectarian would be killer feature for the astro people. I also happen to have Sirius and some of their interpretation on the use of the information is interesting like

timeline - aspects are listed in rows and each day within the month is listed in columns. You get a color coded applying/exact/separating line across the column

astrosignature forecast graph - aspects are assigned numerical value and a weighted summation of the all the aspects per day presented in a line graph, the aspect used are customizable and you can save different profiles etc...

Have you looked to into other ways of presenting or using this sort of information?

Dubs