Price not updating

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
newtrader75

Price not updating

Post by newtrader75 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:58 am

Hi,

When I update my CSV file with recent price data, my chart in Wave 59 is not updating up to that latest price data, can someone help me in setting this right. Have also tried with options from menu on top by ticking "always update saved charts to current".

Thanks in advance

Baha

Re: Price not updating

Post by Baha » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi newtrader75,

Have you tried CTRL+K (recalculate all) after you open a chart?

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi newtrader75,

W59 doesn't update off of text files. Those are for offline trading only. So you can mess around with them in whatever way, but W59 isn't going to know to do anything unless you specifically tell it to refresh (like using Baha's Recalc All suggestion). Alternatively, just closing and opening the chart will do the same thing.

Earik

newtrader75

Post by newtrader75 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:35 am

Hi Baha & Earik

Thanks for the reply.

Probably, my query itself was not clear. Let me explain, first of all, these are all saved daily charts for which I download the price from NSE and update in respective stock's CSV file. So all my analysis is done on daily files for my trading.

Now, lets assume I am on 1st Dec EOD, I download the price from NSE and update in respective stocks' CSV file and open the saved chart from Wave 59. The Chart will show up to 1st Dec. Similarly, I do on 2nd Dec EOD and the chart is up to 2nd Dec, so on and so forth.

On 3rd Dec EOD, when I repeat the same process, my chart is showing only up to 2nd Dec and 3rd Dec price is not appearing in the chart although it was updated in CSV file.

This is what is confusing me. Any help or suggestion to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Baha

Post by Baha » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi newtrader75,

If there is a technical glitch with the software it is beyond me, however, for North American stocks, have you tried Wave59's built in Yahoo EOD data capability?

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi newtrader,

Double-check your end time (format - chart). If that time is less than the time stored in your file, then W59 won't think the data belongs, and will just skip it. Try 2359, which is the latest time you can put there. See if that gets you going...

Earik