multi screen

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
dellboy

multi screen

Post by dellboy » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:36 pm

hello i have a multi screen computer i can move wave 59 from one to the other with no bother but i can't seem to be able to move a chart across to use both screens at the same time i click and drag but it just goes of screen instead of moving across any thoughts please how i can remedy this, thanks

g<><

Re: multi screen

Post by g<>< » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:03 pm

start>settings>system>display>multimonitor>

detect, configure orientation, then choose: extend screen.

dellboy

Post by dellboy » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:57 pm

Thank you for your reply my pc is saying it can't detect another display so i will research some more thank you g<><

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Another thing that comes in handy - (after you have multimonitors sorted out) - if you right click in the chart, the chart manipulation (not sure if that is the right name) pop-up appears - fifth from top is the option to "Break out of Frame" with 4 outward pointing green arrows. selecting, allows you to move the chart out of the W59 frame to other monitors. You can resize the popped out chart and right clicking in the chart now gives you the 5th option to "return to frame" with green arrows pointing inwards.

I am not sure if a popped out chart updates in real time or not - since I don't have realtime data, also if you want to annotate the chart or apply indicators or drawings I think you have to pop it in. It is useful though to have charts which are "set up" to what you want off on the side tiled to how you want them on a monitor.

srj

dellboy

Post by dellboy » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:41 pm

all sorted out now thanks for your help