Trading days or calendar days in Wave 59?

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
dctommy

Trading days or calendar days in Wave 59?

Post by dctommy » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:28 am

Given that the solar system provides the structure of calendar days, does setting any chart that relies upon planetary positions mandate a setting
of calendar days? If so, why? When could/should you use trading days when performing chart analysis?

sbank

Re: Trading days or calendar days in Wave 59?

Post by sbank » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:05 pm

Not really answering you question. Maybe others have some input?

But recently I have been working on an intraday moon strategy. I have the chart times to be hourly during the entire 24hr day including that blip of time on Sunday. (So in other words I use a custom schedule to filter out all the non-trading times for this instrument. eg, all of Saturday, some of Friday night, most of Sunday.)

So my chart is continuous with data, it is configured with trading days. I find the calendar days setting--with the added spaces--does not seem to add any accuracy to my work. So the gaps are off-putting to me.

I didn't really find a benefit for calendar days. But I could easily be influenced as I just started looking at this just last week.

dctommy

Post by dctommy » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:39 pm

sbank wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:05 pm
Not really answering you question. Maybe others have some input?

But recently I have been working on an intraday moon strategy. I have the chart times to be hourly during the entire 24hr day including that blip of time on Sunday. (So in other words I use a custom schedule to filter out all the non-trading times for this instrument. eg, all of Saturday, some of Friday night, most of Sunday.)

So my chart is continuous with data, it is configured with trading days. I find the calendar days setting--with the added spaces--does not seem to add any accuracy to my work. So the gaps are off-putting to me.

I didn't really find a benefit for calendar days. But I could easily be influenced as I just started looking at this just last week.

sbank:

Thanks for the response. I noticed that cycles data (frequency & phasing) will change based upon what bars are analyzed: ..i.e... when a
Fourier transform is performed, the algorithm operates upon the data presented. It cares nothing about planet position, etc. However
when I establish a starting anchor point, switch from calendar to trading...the results shift which may affect the entry / exit point.

Perhaps Earik can respond about this issue...also what "do not include weekends in bars"...

Others please chime in.

dctommy

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:21 pm

"No spaces are skipped on the daily chart for holidays or Sundays, therefore the time period is for actual market days and not calendar days. However, you should carry the calendar days along at least every two weeks, as later, under rules for Time Periods for change in trend,you will find that it is necessary to check up and know when the market is 30, 60, 80, 120, 135, etc. days from a top or bottom, which means calendar days, the exact measurement of Time for the daily chart. Often the daily chart on actual daily movements comes out on an exact mathematical angle of time measurement at the same time the calendar days come out on exact time measurement making it a doubly important point for change in trend."
WD Gann: "The Basis of My Forecasting Method for Grains-Geometric Angles (circa 1940+ version)

Personally, although I consider myself a neo-Gannian, I only use the objects that vibrate, i.e. price/time swings. You can make a case for empty spaces vibrating also. That's an interesting artifact of chaos hierarchy. But, all you need are time series from actual trading.

Todd