Saving Chart in Wave59 related Questions

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
rlite4

Saving Chart in Wave59 related Questions

Post by rlite4 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to select directory to save chart to and directory to retrieve from?

Also is it possible after saving a chart with name1 is it possible to save copy of same chart with different name - eg when same chart is saved at time 1 and later at time 2 with additional price action or because some analysis details are different on the chart so that one can go an compare / study condition progression over time?

sbank

Re: Saving Chart in Wave59 related Questions

Post by sbank » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:38 pm

Saving charts is governed by the File -> Working Directory setting. So not really appropriate to change this around on the fly.

You can save the chart with different names, however. For example, I know in the Forex/Elliott Wave world it is common to have something like a "red" analysis and a "blue" analysis. You can easily have two separate charts (for the same instrument) with the two different wave counts.

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi Sbank,

thanks clarifies both questions and is better to have two charts saved with unique names which can be more meaningful.

sbank

Post by sbank » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:28 pm

I forgot to mention that there is also a concept of chart groups.

So, using my previous example, if you have two separate wave counts for the Euro-Dollar in two separate charts, you can save both of these in a chart group. Now with this saved chart group, you can easily load up both charts at just one click.

I use this for loading up my charts every morning. Instead of loading chart /ES, loading chart /NQ, loading chart /CL, etc. I can just load the one chart group, and it will load the ES, NQ, CL with all of my settings. Makes it very convenient.

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:40 pm

Thanks, Sbank - that makes it easier.