Trading Off Charts feature inoperable

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
abacaba

Trading Off Charts feature inoperable

Post by abacaba » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:11 pm

All,

The Trading Off Charts feature in Wave 59 has stopped working for me on all charts and single/multiple accounts. I have sent Earik a msg but wanted to cover my bases by posting here as well. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone have this feature up and working?

No new inputs on my end, the tool just stopped being able to place live orders. I've also contacted IB. This is their assessment:

"What we're seeing is the order sent via API has an attached min quantity. Even if the value is 0, it should not be included as a parameter for the order at all when being sent over."

So this seems to be an issue with the Wave 59 API interface, rather than IB. I do not know how this has happened since nothing appears to have changed with Wave or my settings.

Input from anyone on this will be greatly appreciated!

Todd

sbank

Re: Trading Off Charts feature inoperable

Post by sbank » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:17 pm

I am able to trade off the chart. I did it last week during some of the contract rollover stuff that happened.

I no longer use IB gateway, I am back to using TWS. And I use the latest TWS, but the 9.x version. I believe I had problems with 10.x TWS at one point, and didn't feel like troubleshooting.

TWS 9.x still gets updated, and has been rock solid for me for months now.

sbank

Post by sbank » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:23 pm

It looks like TWS 9.x auto-updated last night for me to 10.x. Unfortunately, now Wave59 no longer works from placing automated trades as well.

I opened a support ticket with Interactive Brokers, they are refusing to give me a 9.x build of TWS. I am effectively down at this point.

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:08 pm

Ok, just an update for those I haven't spoken with directly... I know what's up with this, and have it fixed (I think!) in a debug version. Will test a bit more, then will release an update. It had to do with changes IB made in the 10.x series.

Regards,

Earik

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:04 pm

Fix is up! :) 2.44 is the one you want.