problem importing ascii data

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
traderdan

problem importing ascii data

Post by traderdan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:35 pm

When I create a new chart and then click on "offline" and then click on "browse" and check the "ascii" radio button and then "add directory", I browse to the folder that contains about 15 csv files but I get a "no items match your search" message. I get the same thing when trying to add metastock data.

I saw a previous post that mentioned having a portfolio.txt file in the working directory. I did not have one so I created one but it didn't solve the problem. Does there have to be a "time" column in a file of daily data? I don't have that column. Would it prevent W59 from recognizing the folder and file?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

earik
Site Admin

Re: problem importing ascii data

Post by earik » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi Dan,

Can you open a ticket for this one? Might be easier to figure out what's up than doing this via the board...

Earik

traderdan

Post by traderdan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 pm

I originally opened a ticket but when I didn't hear anything for a while I posted over here too.

http://wave59.zendesk.com/hc/requests/19864

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:49 pm

Hi Dan,

I hunted down that ticket (sorry, nobody monitors the built-in forum on zendesk. I'd shut it off if I could). I think you almost have it. Just select the folder as you did to define it as an ascii location, then in the "current directory" drop-down, you should be able to select it. Once you do, all your csv files ought to appear.

Earik