Histroy59 and IB (interactive broker )

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
Kasim ijelu

Histroy59 and IB (interactive broker )

Post by Kasim ijelu » Wed May 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Hello everyone, just easy basic question from a newbie kindly where do you get the video instruction/download to set up for history59. I can not find it anywhere. I've watched the 2nd video Configuring Wave59 and TWS (11.4 MB). but Erik says you need to have completed the 1st video of getting history59 and then connect IB (interactive broker )

The steps I've taken so far
watched all the video but nothing on history59

Step 1: File broker setup Click interactive broker IB setup. I Left everything the same @ default : nothing happens and l not connected to IB how do you do this
Step 2: Then I clicked Help section: IB TWS> Reconnect to TWS : Nothing happens

Summary how to Locating History 59 and connect and download there's direct direction
if anyone can suggest what this newbie should do next I would be grateful

Thank you

sbank

Re: Histroy59 and IB (interactive broker )

Post by sbank » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 pm

Is history59 even needed anymore?

You should just be able to point Wave59 directly to IB for data.

EDIT: Here are my settings for IB Gateway (build 973).
image.png
image.png (26.68 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
(I prefer IB Gateway because it only resets once a week instead of daily for TWS. I also use an older build of IB Gateway as I have seen odd problems with trades on new versions. I haven't tried the latest-latest, but this one works for me, so why change? :D )

earik
Site Admin

Re: Histroy59 and IB (interactive broker )

Post by earik » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:04 pm

History59 comes with W59. You just go Start - Programs - Wave59 - History59, and launch there. If you have questions like that and need an immediate answer, you can also consider opening a support ticket rather than waiting on the forum.