Version 2.39, and the demise of Yahoo/Google

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
earik
Site Admin

Version 2.39, and the demise of Yahoo/Google

Post by earik » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Gang,

Verison 2.39 just went out. One of the big changes implemented there is that Yahoo and Google are no longer available as data feeds. As those of you who have tried using them lately know, they've become completely unreliable, and I found it quite enjoyable to tear the source code that supported both of those troublemakers out of the program. As an alternative solution, Wave59 now offers built-in US Stock data, including daily chart and intraday data. The data is clean, easy to work with, and completely side-steps all the shenanigans we had to put up with trying to grab free data off the internet. It's free to all W59 users, so all you have to do to access it is go file - data source, and select the W59 feed there. We do have the option to upgrade this to delayed/real-time updates (right now it's history only), so if there's enough demand, there might be a way to offer a built-in budget feed at some point in the future. :D

Regards,

Earik

soldado1976

Re: Version 2.39, and the demise of Yahoo/Google

Post by soldado1976 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:10 pm

I would be interested in the real time feed. I sent a message earlier to you Earik but after reading the post realized I needed to upgrade. Great job!

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Thanks for letting me know. It looks like we can probably upgrade to a delayed feed without a whole lot of pain, so that's definitely on the table for the near future if enough people are interested. Real-time is obviously better, although that one is tricky because of the fee requirements that the exchanges impose. We'll see. Maybe we can start out with Forex and expand from there...

Earik

soldado1976

Post by soldado1976 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Delayed would be enough to be able to produce my cycles with ease thanks Earik. The new data feed is excellent.

DC1

Post by DC1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Nice to hear about the new data!
However you are going to have to provide more detailed info on how to connect it. file data source W59 does nothing for a Fortan guy

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:11 pm

Those are menu options, not QScript commands. Just click on the "file" menu at the top, then "data setup", and click on the first option. You need version 2.38 to get this to work.

Earik

Dubs

Post by Dubs » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:54 pm

Hey Earik,

Great job on the new feed! any chance on adding in Canadian Equites ;)

I would also be interested in some sort of budget feed as well, any idea on what sort of pricing / service we might be looking at?

Keep up the good work!

Dubs

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi Dubs,

The provider we're going through can give us pretty much whatever data we want, so it all comes down to demand and cost. If you all make enough noise, I'll point this in whatever directly you want. ;) The general idea was to have a free option that just came with the software, which fixes all the issues that started popping up with yahoo/google, and then also offer some sort of upgrade path for people who want more. We already have a good solution with IQFeed, so I'm probably going to shoot for a budget situation as a half step towards them. That's pretty much as far as I've thought this out. LOL. If you want anything specific (like Canadian equities! (thanks)) then please let me know.

Earik

Simon.B

Post by Simon.B » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi Earik,

While on the subject of data.....can you bring CQG data in to Wave59 any other way ? Right now to get CQG data one has to use CQG Integrated Client which makes CQG data pretty much useless for most members here, since Integrated Client runs from $600 to 2K per month and more. QTrader would be a much cheaper option and it runs same or similar API to Integrated Client .

Thanks,
Simon

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:17 pm

Hi Simon,

Back when we used to work with them, you had two options: CQG IC, or set up your own server farm within their larger infrastructure. (We did the second). QTrader didn't allow api access at all. But if that's changed now (!) then I'll definitely check it out.

Earik