Ascii import.

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
Nirav

Ascii import.

Post by Nirav » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello,

I had posted this on the old forum. Im having trouble with ASCII import. It was pointed out to me in my earlier thread that the data I was trying to import was missing the "time" field.

I've managed to add the same, yet when i try importing data into Wave59, it hangs up. Im attaching the file that im trying to import.

Would appreciate if someone could point out where im going wrong. Or, post a few lines of sample data so that I could copy the formatting.

Regards,
Nirav.
Attachments
crudetest.rar
sample data of crude oil
(58.59 KiB) Downloaded 341 times

kjociii

Re: Ascii import.

Post by kjociii » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi Nirav,
I took a quick look at your file and the first thing that I saw is you have a seconds field in your time. I would try deleting that and if that doesn't fix the problem, I would try eliminating the colons in the time field. I import ASCII data all the time with no problem. My time field has the time format of hhmm (ie 1530).

Kenn
Wave59 Solution Provider
Custom QScript Programming
kenn@scriptbuilder.net

Baha

Re: Ascii import.

Post by Baha » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:10 am

Hi Everyone,

I am having difficulty creating charts with ASCII import

I re-installed the previous version of Wave59 to see if there is an issue with the current version. The data files look fine.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance
Attachments
txterror.png
txterror.png (102.24 KiB) Viewed 4792 times