Disappearing Gann Lines

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
tag59

Disappearing Gann Lines

Post by tag59 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi Earik,

I have a reoccurring issue with Gann fans disappearing! I can open up one of my Bertha charts and my Gann fans are missing - sometimes - not all the time - just some of the times. Today for example, I opened up one chart and my Gann lines were missing, and a few minutes later, they appeared! Do you have any ideas on this issue?

Thanks,
Gary

earik
Site Admin

Re: Disappearing Gann Lines

Post by earik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 pm

That doesn't sound good... :( Where was the origin point during all this? Was it offscreen, or was it onscreen? And when they reappeared, it just all of a sudden was there, or did you have to do something special?

Earik

tag59

Post by tag59 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi Earik,

I don't know where the origins were then, but I can describe what happened today.

I opened up one chart and the Gann fans were missing. After opening up two more charts showing their Gann fans, I went back to the first chart and they were there! I had 4 of them and their origins were all on screen. I am not doing anything special or weird. This is the same as last week: not there and later, switching back to that chart, there!

Gary

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Gary,

So weird... Can you try something? Open up a chart, and make sure the fans are not there. Then, go up and click Options - Refresh. Does that make them appear? If not, try scrolling sideways by the smallest possible amount. Does that make them appear? If it does, I think I know what's up.

Thanks,

Earik

tag59

Post by tag59 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Earik,

I had to wait a few days to have them missing and now I've had a couple. What you suggested did not work. I opened up the chart and the Gann fans are missing. I refreshed - still nothing - I moved the chart slightly - nothing - I refresh again - nothing! However, and this seems repeatable, I load up a different chart and when I return to the chart with missing Gann fans - they are there! Note that this issue ONLY occurs on my 1 wk Bertha chart. Weird!

Gary

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the help in figuring this out. If I can get it to repeat on this end, then I can fix it. So 1 week charts only... And are you on 2.34 or 2.33? (go help - about to check)

Regards,

Earik

tag59

Post by tag59 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi Earik,

Sorry about the delay. Currently, it seems that to get Gann fans on my 1 wk Bertha chart, all I need to do is load a different chart and when I go back to the 1 wk chart, they appear! Seems that this strategy is consistent.

I guess I'm a little behind on updating my w59; I am using 2.26.

Gary