Order flow module

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
sbank

Re: Order flow module

Post by sbank » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:24 pm

To add my two cents. I do not think the IQ_COllector is ready for live trading.

I notice during huge spikes of volume for the ES (for example), so 3pm CT (EODish), 1pm (FOMC), etc, the bar countdown timer will be "stuck" at 0:00. It is almost like it is trying to catchup. So my real time will be advancing but the bar is still trying to be drawn.

A concrete example happened yesterday, at the 1pm spike with the FOMC announcement, my time continued and it was really 1:10pm or so, yet I was still with my bar countdown at 0:00 while it seemed to be still processing all the tick info.

At first I was collecting NQ and ES. But have since removed NQ thinking that the extra data was slowing everything down. I also set up NTP to ensure that I am time synced appropriately (and not relying on Windows 10). I also ensured I am writing the IQ_collect data to my local SSD harddrive.

So, think there is more work to be done with this. Earik, if it would help I can try to reproduce and collect screenshots or other data and open a Support case if needed.