kraken feed

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
ganndrews

kraken feed

Post by ganndrews » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to get Kraken feed working please? I get a message stating 'socket error' in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Thanks

Ganndrews.

earik
Site Admin

Re: kraken feed

Post by earik » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm

You have to run the Kraken Collector program, which is a separate thing from W59. It should show up in Start - Programs - Wave59 if you look there. Launch and configure that, and then once it's up and running, W59 will be able to connect to it. The socket error means that W59 is trying to talk with it, but doesn't think it's running.

Earik

ganndrews

Post by ganndrews » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Thanks Earik, That has got the 'ready' message displayed, but unfortunately the symbol formats are all coming up unrecognised.

As a side note, I have been drifting around looking at things and spotted this api for end of day cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrency pairs https://bravenewcoin.com/api/digital-cu ... ical-data/

Is it possible to connect eod feeds like these, please? Or does w59 only work with the datafeeds listed?

Thanks,

Ganndrews

ganndrews

Post by ganndrews » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:35 pm

one last note, I had the briefest of mails with DTN/IQ feed and they say that they will have cryptocurrencies 'soon' but could offer no definitive date nor idea of the scope of symbols covered. Sales talk for 'I have no clue, but I will make it sound as though they will be available and the choices will be comprehensive'....

Esignal couldn't even be bothered to answer the phone, so no surprise there!