Difficulty with ASCII Import

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
niceguy499

Difficulty with ASCII Import

Post by niceguy499 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:20 pm

OANDA data is taking a long time to stream in history data for me, so I'm trying to import some history files I exported from MT4 instead. I have them exported in what I believe is an acceptable format, but when I click OK on the last step of the import process (Create a Ticker Symbol for this File) W59 just hangs up every time. I've tried multiple different files, formats, and even changing the format slightly (with corresponding changes in the wizard settings for the columns each time), but so far nothing is working. I've attached a few of the files I've tried for reference.

Is there something that I'm missing when trying to bring data in this way?

Thanks,
Sheldon
Attachments
EURUSD60_2.zip
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
EURUSD60.zip
(749 Bytes) Downloaded 340 times

dirk

Re: Difficulty with ASCII Import

Post by dirk » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:15 am

Hi , I am an old user of Wave59 and from beginning i uswd iqfeed .
I tryed oanda but dasn't work .
Here some examples ...start to open the chart but don't come datas or dowuladed but dasn't update , dasn't recognize the instrument ,for example gold or crude oil....and so on
Forget it , sorry .
I am still using iqfeed that is very nice

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi Sheldon,

Your file formats are fine. I think the issue might be a missing file - basically, W59 is trying to write that data somewhere and is getting stuck. Do this:

1) Go file - working directory, and note the location. This is where W59 will store any custom file for you.
2) Navigate to the location you just found, and see if you can find a file called "portfolio.txt" there. My guess is that it doesn't exist.
3) If you don't see porftolio.txt in there, you can create a blank file yourself. Right click somewhere in that open folder and click new - text file. Rename it to "portfolio" (it will already have the .txt extension).
4) Go back and try to set up the offline file again. It shouldn't lock up this time.

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Earik

niceguy499

Post by niceguy499 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi Earik,

That did the trick - I created the missing portfolio.txt file and everything started to import no problem. Thank you for your help.

Thanks,
Sheldon

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi Sheldon,

Glad to hear you got it going...

Dirk: when you tried using the new Oanda data, were you using a demo account or a live one?

Regards,

Earik

dirk

Post by dirk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi Erik , i used demo , i don't have a real account with them .