eSignal data- charts not updating

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
Nirav

eSignal data- charts not updating

Post by Nirav » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi,

Ive activated my software license for Wave59 after about a year. Subscribed to eSignal data like earlier and im having an issue with updation of charts.

Im currently on version 2.23

The chart loads up showing data upto the point in time of loading it, and then it just sits there.Doesnt update. When i change the timeframe, it updates for that moment but real time updation isnt happening.

I tried a toggle of the 'real time updating' feature in options, but that isnt helping either.

iirc, esignal used to have a separate data manager which opened up automatically when i launched wave59. they dont have it anymore.I was advised by the esignal rep to install esignal software itself, but it doesnt let me sign in as ive only subscribed to real time data and not esignal software.

please help.

Regards,
Nirav.

rlygangesh

Re: eSignal data- charts not updating

Post by rlygangesh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:09 am

i also have same type of error , i m using esignal plugin given by globaldatfeed ( a local data feed vendor of india).
they are updating various platform but not with WAVE59.

when i change time frame with this plugin data update normally but not in real time.
i was thinking that data vendor software are not compatible with wave 59 so thinking to subscribe esignal

now :!: :!:
rlygangesh@gmail.com

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 pm

This might actually be a time zone issue. Go file - new - quote window, enter a symbol there, and see if it updates. If so, it means that the time zone setting in W59 is incorrect, and that updates are getting put in the wrong place on the chart. Note that historical data and updates come from two different servers, so that's why you can get a weird half-and-half scenario like this... Anyway, you want your time zone setting to be the number of hours to ADD to your computer clock in order to get to New York time. Go file - time zone and you can change it there.

Earik

Nirav

Post by Nirav » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi Earik,

I recall using "-9.5" as timezone setting and it used to work fine. During certain months i had to use "-10.5" cause of day light savings adjustment.

PFA a screen shot. You can see the time stamp on the selected bar and system time.

The only problem is, the chart will update only when i change the interval from say 5mins to 4mins or anyoother value and then it just sits there. Doesnt update.

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi Nirav,

When you go file - quote window, do you see updates there?

Earik

Nirav

Post by Nirav » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 am

Hello Earik,

No I didn't see any updates in there.

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm

That's not good. It means the updates aren't even coming into the program... That might be an issue with your subscription to ESignal. W59 gets historical updates from eSignal's server, but gets updates from the Data Manager. If they don't allow you to have that installed, it means W59 is going to try and listen to a port where no data can be found (hence, no updates). What will they let you install? Is this a web-based subscription or something?

Earik

Nirav

Post by Nirav » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi Earik,

My subscription with esignal is for - esignal data access.

I booted up my old laptop which has an instance of Wave59 installed on it.Its running winxp.

To my surprise, the chart was getting updated there !

I believe this could be an issue with time zone settings on my current laptop running windows 10.

I'll try a clean reinstall of W59 + esignal and see if that helps. Will keep you posted, what worked out.

Regards.

Nirav

Post by Nirav » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi Earik,

So I reinstalled Wave59 to the latest version and also esignal (64bit this time). The data manager auto launches now when i launch Wave59 like it used to earlier.
Not sure where exactly the problem was but im glad its working now.

Regards.

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:08 am

Hi Nirav,

Glad to hear you got it working! :)

Regards,

Earik