Data Source

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
dwedding

Data Source

Post by dwedding » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:53 am

Is Wave59 scheduled to be interfaced with TD Ameritrade's streaming data API? Other trading platforms have this capability and I'm wondering if the next upgrade to Wave59 will have it too.

earik
Site Admin

Re: Data Source

Post by earik » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm going to look into it once they release their new API, which they say is due in the next few months. As you know, W59 used to work with Ameritrade, but we got rid of that feed back in 2009 or 2010 when W59 Pro initially came out. I won't get into it again, but let me just say that everyone was less than happy with the performance and reliability of the TDA feed at that point in time. Hopefully their new one will be an improvement - from what I've seen on their site about it, it definitely seems to be a step in the right direction.

Regards,

Earik

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Ability to use TD Ameritrade's data would be great. Have been planing to try out the Fibo Vortex for quite a while but paying for eSignal data while learning was a downer.

Not to load the plate - Have you ever considered interfacing to CQG data from Amp Futures? The feed is free except for CME fees and their intraday margins are a lot lower than TD Ameritrades'.

Looking forward to these.
TIA :)

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Earik,

I just thought that I'd check in with you. I'd still like to use TD Ameritrade's API as my data feed like your earlier versions of Wave59 once had. Please pursue that again.

rlite4

Post by rlite4 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:38 pm

Hi Earik,
greetings - was wondering if there was any updates on using Think or Swim data as feed and also CQG data from AMP futures.

Currently both TOS and CQG data work well with Ninja Trader 8.

Thanks, would be a great help to have these available.

srj