WINDOWS 10

Post any software related questions or comments here. This is also the place to ask for help if you can't figure out how to do something in Wave59.
Feinberg

Re: WINDOWS 10

Post by Feinberg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Dear Mr. DC,

May I ask please how you are doing with your Windows 10 and Wave59 Pro?

Have you solved the issue with your virus protection program?

What Wave 59 Pro version have you installed?

What version appears in your Control Panel?

Thank you. On my end, I am still having snafu's with the many drawing tools is interfering when trying to save Chart Groups.

Joseph

Feinberg

Post by Feinberg » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:43 am

Earik,

Not good.

I was up early this morning and toggled the Get Updates which it installed. The next thing was that my Wave59 Pro icon was missing.

The Wave59 Pro executable file was missing.

I then tried to re-installed version 2.34 and all of a sudden this error message appears............

I cannot even install the program!

You should know that Wave RT runs fine on my Windows 10. Wave RT appears in my Control Panel and in the Application List of installed programs. There is nothing like this for version 2.34.

I am especially worried that version 2.34 CANNOT EVEN INSTALL. Previous attempts to install 2.34 were never clean. "Could not install Kraken Manager", "could not install OandaCollector", "Seeking...........and the computer just hung and hung. But now, the program generates this error when an install is attempted.

You know Earik, of my many e-mails to you over the past several days have not been answered.

I was at "The Local Computer Shop" yesterday, Saturday, testing several of my proprietary scripts on their Windows 10 using version 2.33, and everything worked like a charm.

My computer's memory is fine, I tested it, there are no hard disk errors, Wave59 Pro does not even appear in RevoUninstaller.

You were kind enough to write me at a critical time on Tuesday when I was at "The Local Computer Shop" with advice not to go back to version 2.33 and try to use my existing Chart files, and Group Chart files.

This time around I need some personal help 'cause it ain't workin'.

Joseph
Sunday, August 19th, 4:30 am
Attachments
Installing Wave59 Pro_180819_430.jPG
Installing Wave59 Pro_180819_430.jPG (16.35 KiB) Viewed 9493 times

Feinberg

Post by Feinberg » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Hello Earik,

What I most likely will do is a 'Wipe and Reload."

I have tried many machinations and combinations of things and it has been a trial. Some where some how my Registry went afoul.

Thank you,

Joseph

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi Joseph,

As you know, I responded to your previous post when you sent it to me via email.

Regarding the registry, here's how to clean it out:

1) Go Start - Run - "regedit". This will bring up the registry editor.
2) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software, and look for the "Wave59_PRO" key
3) Delete that entire key
4) Restart W59, and it will set the registry back up with all the default settings

Regards,

Earik