Key phrases for trading systems

Have a QScript to share, or need help with programming? Post your comment here.
UweF

Key phrases for trading systems

Post by UweF » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi all,

I have seen in the QScript help file in the section "system testing" the key phrases "crosses over" and "crosses below" are used. But in the help file itself no section is available for such key phrases. Now my question, there are still more such phrases , perhaps for change of direction of an indicator/oscillator or similar constellations?

When I type "crosses over" for example in the QS editor, these words are bold black which shows me that it is a special word/words, normally reserved words are blue highlightet. Where can I find a list with all these special (bold black) words which are available in QScript?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
UweF

earik
Site Admin

Re: Key phrases for trading systems

Post by earik » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi Uwe,

Everything (or almost everything ;) ) should be in QScript help. Go help - QScript help, and on that first page look for the link that says "complete glossary of keywords and functions", which you'll see down towards the bottom. That's got it all there. The "crosses over" and "crosses under" functions are sort of unique, and are there for the TS users who are really used to doing that. The goal in QScript wasn't to make it as English-like as possible, so there aren't a ton of keywords like that. Off the top of my head, the bold keywords are: if, and, or, else, crosses over, crosses under, and for.

Regards,

Earik

UweF

Re: Key phrases for trading systems

Post by UweF » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi earik,

thanks for your answer. In the glossary I could'nt find these phrases.

No matter!

Uwe