QScript Help question

Have a QScript to share, or need help with programming? Post your comment here.
abacaba

QScript Help question

Post by abacaba » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Earik,

Subject entries under W59 QScript Help generally show "Missing image: (subject).bmp" in the text body where the image should appear. I think that's been the case for a while, but I'm doing a scripting project where these examples would be really helpful!

Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks.

Todd

earik
Site Admin

Re: QScript Help question

Post by earik » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi Todd,

Can you give me an example page where that happens?

There was an older help file from the early days, and then a new one. The one you want is the .chm file, not the .hlp file. This will only matter if you have been around long enough to have access to that old one (which I think you have).

Earik

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Earik,

You're right -- I have been around long enough (since '04)! I have to say, it's been a good time.

But to the matter:

this is what is in the document library:
doc lib.JPG
doc lib.JPG (25.6 KiB) Viewed 18347 times
this is a typical error message:
arrays.JPG
arrays.JPG (28.73 KiB) Viewed 18347 times
How can I rectify this?

Thanks as always,

Todd

sbank

Post by sbank » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:16 pm

I just want to jump in and say I have the same problem. (It has been this way for a couple years now for me.)

I believe when I did a brand new fresh install, the images were present. But then after doing updates, that may have triggered it. (just a SWAG).

EDIT: Just realized that 7zip can open chm files. :) When I "open" the Wave59.chm file, I can see an images sub-directory. When I do the same on the QScript.chm, I see that there is no images subdir. So I think a rebuild of the help file will be required.

PS: Todd, if you need help with arrays, let me know. I have played a bunch with them in the past year. (Especially if you are trying to convert over EasyLanguage to QScript. Especially-especially if they are multi-variable arrays. :-)

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:15 pm

I just installed a fresh copy of version 2.33. No luck. Although I have the .chm files, the QScript help file entries are littered with missing images.

Earik, is there a way to get this important resource restored?

Thanks.

Todd

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:10 am

Hi Todd,

I checked, and my help file was missing that graphic too! It looks like the graphics got broken when I moved the help project to a new computer, or possibly between folders. If so, it's been like this a LONG time since I can't remember when I did that last... :oops:

Anyway, I just rebuilt it, and the graphics showed up again. I haven't gone through the entire thing, so let me know if there are any other missing ones, but I think this will fix it. It's probably time to set up a wiki-style help file on the internet, rather than doing it this old way...

Anway, download the attachment, unzip, and put it in the /help folder inside your W59 Program Folder, which is most likely in c:\program files (x86)\wave59 pro.

Earik

PS: There's some stuff in here from an upcoming build, like "screencapturesection", which you won't have access to in 2.33. But it seemed better to just release it and get those graphics fixed, rather than make you wait.
Attachments
QScript.zip
Zipped QScript Help
(401.48 KiB) Downloaded 580 times

en1940

Post by en1940 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:40 am

In my case that was "user home directory"/Documents/Wave59/help

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:33 pm

Yikes -- the unzipped file does not contain any text or images corresponding to the search terms:

Help!.JPG
Help!.JPG (41.2 KiB) Viewed 18318 times

Todd

en1940

Post by en1940 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:33 pm

There are no images in "abs" description, just words

(still learning how to insert screen shot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi Todd,

So your help file is essentially blank? In other words, you have search terms but no actual content?

Earik