error message???

Have a QScript to share, or need help with programming? Post your comment here.
NDscorpini

error message???

Post by NDscorpini » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi,
I have two quick questions for this board.
1. I'm trying to convert tradestation into Qscript using the Wave59 conversion feature BUT...I'm getting an error message. Is anyone else getting this message "List index out of bounds(0)"?
2. Is there anyone out there willing to do tradestation indicator conversions for money?
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

sbank

Re: error message???

Post by sbank » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:00 am

Would it be possible to copy-n-paste some snippets of the final QScript code? That might be easiest to help troubleshoot.

Sounds like the array that is being created (defined) might be sized wrong. Or the actual code that is using the array is not using brackets '[]' properly. if the array is only one dimension, I think you can get away with not specifying a size of the array when it is defined. If it is multi-dimensional, then you will have to specify the sizes. Also, remember that you may have a classic 'off by one' problem where you are not starting the count by 0 or by 1 depending on how it is used.

(I converted a bunch of the Ehlers cycle work from his books, and he seems to like using multi-dimensional arrays. So I had to slog through a bunch of that in the past.)

NDscorpini

Re: error message???

Post by NDscorpini » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi Sbank,
I figured out my mistake. Thank you for replying though!!!
Best wishes,
NDscorpini