Add our own icons? [solved]

Have a QScript to share, or need help with programming? Post your comment here.
sbank

Add our own icons? [solved]

Post by sbank » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:41 am

Hi,

I created a simple drawing QScript which relies on hotspots. Is there a way I can add an icon to Wave59 so that I can just click the icon to run the QScript? I tried searching around the Wave59 doc and the QScript doc, but wasn't finding anything.

(It is a bit tedious right now to go to technical indicator list each time I want to invoke my script.)

thanks!
Last edited by sbank on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earik
Site Admin

Re: Add our own icons?

Post by earik » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi Sbank,

Yes, you can do this. (I use it ALL the time for my own stuff, and it saves a ton of mouse clicking. :D) If you look at the various tool bars, there's one on the left side (vertical) that has a tiny little black arrow at the bottom. It's the one with the 9-5Count and Momentum on it. Click on that black arrow and click Options - Customize Toolbar, and you can add an icon and associate a QScript with that icon. There are some pre-loaded ones to use, or you can find and upload your own if you really want to get fancy. Let me know if you get stuck. After you go through it one time, it should be easy.

Earik

sbank

Re: Add our own icons?

Post by sbank » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Excellent! Thanks for the help. All the times I use those tools, I never once noticed that arrow. :)