Forex

A forum for current charts, analysis, forecasts, and trades.
Mark

Forex

Post by Mark » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:33 pm

I'm focusing on the Forex market, the top 10 majors
I've been paper trading using Oanda account and I have IQ data, can not get Oanda data into W59 yet.
I've been using the standard 9-5, USM, Lomb, Exhaustion Bars 1, Fractal Trend, Smart Money, and Gann angles all on a squared chart. I've tried Gann Square but can not get it configured correctly.
In the last week it hasn't been going the way I thought it would, not even getting a 10 pip run before I get stopped out.
Or maybe I'm trading at the wrong time.
Can someone point me to the correct combination of astro tools, Indicators and drawing tools to get favorable results.
I've been through all the videos at least once. If theirs any I need to review please let me know which ones or all of them.
Or if their some Forex training books or courses that W59 user would recommend please let me know.
I believe W59 as all the tools, just need to figure out how to use them in the correct way.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Mark

ForJL

Re: Forex

Post by ForJL » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:07 am

Mark,

I and others may be able to help but need more info. Things like level of experience, goals, timelines, etc. In the meantime use this chart to get started. It is a EURUSD ... scale it to 3.57 to .0001 Bar.

Joe

PS Always remember the first rule of trading ... preserve your capital!
Attachments
EURUSD.png
EURUSD.png (98.17 KiB) Viewed 9562 times

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:00 pm

Joe
Experience 1-10 probably a 2., never traded on my own, in past always through a broker and use alerts from services
Goals retirement supplement
Timeline, probably will be doing this the rest of my life, do not need this to supplement my income for 5-10 years
Okay, I was able to duplicate what you have on the hour bars of EURUSD.
But still don't know how you got 3.57 x .0001 Bars and .00027 scale in GS.
Also why 72 in square size?
I was using scale .005256 x ? Bars
I also notices GS doesn't need scale scaling like Fib Vortex.
So does the GS auto scale?
It looks like the .00027 scale in GS is very important.
Mark

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi Mark,

It seems we both learned something about the Wave59 Gann Square … the chart need not be scaled. In the 16 years or so I have been using the program I never knew that. Quite possibly because I never used it. As I said, I’m not really a Gann guy and prefer my own methods instead.

Okay so the good news is you have very definite goals and you gave given yourself plenty of time to achieve them. The problem of course is the lack of experience. You seem to know about trading but not a heck of a whole lot about being a trader. So consequently this is going to be a lot more then some tips on setting up a chart or some insight into a specific technique. Therefore I would suggest you take a look at some of the reading material available in the Wave 59 bookstore. Also see if you can find books written by Neil Concord-Cushing. I have never read any of them but have always heard good things about them. Additionally take a look in the Q-script library. There is a lot of scripts in there that you can download that you might find helpful. Specifically you might want to look at something called “Radical 9.” The author is member of this board and goes by the name “G-Fish” … an intelligent fella and astute trader.

As for my work the scaling is derived from a sequence of numbers I developed and call “Gerbino Sequence.” The base number is 20. Multiply base 20 by 1.5384 to get numbers in the sequence above 20 and .65 to get numbers in the sequence below it. Twenty is also a number in the sequence. I used 72 in the Gann Box setup because there was a subtle quintile harmonic that the ES was vibrating to and took a stab that the EUR/USD might also be vibrating to it also. (Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.) At the time it was just meant to be an example to help get you started and had done no real analysis of the pair.

If you would like to experiment with some of my work go to the Tools and Techniques section of the board and find my thread on GCST. You will be able to download the pattern pictured below there and find some background material on it also. It in turn might be helpful in other areas of study for you.

Obviously I am skimming over a lot but this is an extremely broad subject. I hope it points you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Joe
Attachments
GCST.jpg
GCST.jpg (520.94 KiB) Viewed 9516 times

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:32 am

Joe
Thank you for talking time to respond.
Well, I have work to do.
I will take your advice and go over every word in your post and act on them.
Thank you
Mark