new Dr. Al chart

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
NDscorpini

Re: new Dr. Al chart

Post by NDscorpini » Mon May 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi Baha,
Yes Hans is his pen name. Yes there is useful material in them BUT...you really have to work to apply them.
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Thu May 12, 2016 1:00 am

Hi All,
Two new ones if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hmcAbGelZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iw6C22_R_g

Best wishes,
NDscorpini

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Fri May 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi All,
After watching his videos I sent Dr. Al an e-mail. I have no idea what his reply means. Anyone? Anyone?
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

On 5/12/2016 4:41 PM, Thomas Scorpini wrote:
Hi Dr. Al,
Quick question. Why would you take a 6.5 hour trading day and stretch it out to a 10-12 hour day? I’m not breaking balls. I just don’t understand the logic in doing that. Thanks
Best wishes,
Thomas Scorpini

If you just watch the old outcry session you don't see all the astro stuff

--
Joy to You,
Al

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon May 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Hi Thomas,

It means he's using something that is slower than the 4th harmonic, and wants to see where all his lines end up. Imagine watching a planet transit past NY. That's going to happen one time per day. If you watch the 2nd harmonic of that (add in the 180), that's twice a day, and if you watch the 3rd, that's 3 times per day, etc. 6.5 hour days (day session) is only 27% of a full 24-hour period, which means you need the 4th or faster harmonics to guarantee one line to show during that period. If you're watching anything slower, it's possible that you don't get any lines at all. Usually that would make you think that the particular signature you are watching isn't going to apply on that day, but if you like to slide things around and look for resonance at specific intervals from a point, etc, then you need to know where that line is in order to be able to apply your analysis. The solution in that case is so to include the night session in there (or some part of it), and you can figure out where to start from.

As an interesting aside, I've heard arguments from the pure geometry guys that you need to change the length of the day as well, but in their case a lot of them shorten it, rather than make it longer. Michael Jenkins is a good example of that - he advocates a 6 hour day, basically chopping off the extra half hour in there. In other words, getting to an exact 25% of a day (rather than 27%), makes the multiple-day geometry lock in better.

And as long as I'm on the subject... I've also done a bunch of work (back before W59 existed, actually), that suggested you might be better off only including certain days, rather than all of them. For example, only plotting every 4th calendar day on your chart lets you do some really interesting things with intraday seasonals. Whether or not it's a real phenomenon, or whether it just lets you track the Wells Wilder/Jim Sloman traders is unclear, but I had a pretty slick indicator built based on that sort of thing back in those days. Getting completely off the subject at this point, but just FYI. ;)

Regards,

Earik

NDscorpini

Post by NDscorpini » Mon May 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi Earik,
Thank you for that answer. Although it makes sense I just don't know if subscribers will be willing to put in that kind of time commitment. It is one thing to get up at 6am and go until 1:15pm. It is quite another to go from 4am to 2pm!!!!!
Best wishes,
NDscorpini