Energy Trading - July 22

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
Simon.B

Re: Energy Trading - July 22

Post by Simon.B » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 am

Hi Earik,

Yes, I understand how the process works, but values are different after reload every hour or so. It seems like some ticks escape especially during active times.

orionsbelt

Post by orionsbelt » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:27 am

Hi, i opened w59 2.22 and changed the data setup from IQFeed to IQCollector and hit ok then tried to open a chart of @ES# and got a blank chart and it says at bottom left disconnected. i seem to have the same problem as soldado. also, where on w59 are these new features like new energy bar or the new volume bar charts? is there a list of these new features? my wave59 looks the same as the last version i had. and where is this IQC video? under w59 help or at the mechtrading.com site?
any ideas? sorry if these are really stupid questions.

pear1942

Post by pear1942 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 am

Go to (all programs) at the start button, go to wave 59 and under that there's a IQ collector click that and you will get a page IQ collector that has,a file and help listed at the top.GO to help .It has (watch a movie about this program) list.

orionsbelt

Post by orionsbelt » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:55 pm

thanks pear

Feinberg

Post by Feinberg » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Thank you Earik for this feature.

On my end what I am doing is
1) collecting the data first,

Then,
2) I open my Wave59Pro and select the IQCollector data feed, and finally

3) I open my file or Chart Group.

Enclosed is a dual screenshot of a 4 minute e-mini on Tuesday, August 25th.

On the Left is a standard Time Bar chart.

On the Right is the new Energy Bar chart. (the Cumulative Bar chart is not displayed).

What I like is there is a different "read" with the oscillators. I can move my cursor to each of the screens and help gauge the market's behavior.

What I especially like is the Energy Bar concept because is captures the "nature" of the trade either at the Bid or the Ask. When I see on my trading platform (NinjaTrader) the Last, the market moves so fast that is is impossible to tell whether the Last (trade) was at the Bid or at the Ask.

Thank you Earik for all the programming work that was done to build this module.!

Joseph
Attachments
EnergyBars_4min_150826a.jpg
EnergyBars_4min_150826a.jpg (235.84 KiB) Viewed 10707 times

daveobrien

Post by daveobrien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello Earik
Just trying to get into the new stuff via IQ collector.
Seems when I switch to this option [and uncheck IQfeed in the Real Time Vendors section ] ,the whole platform becomes disconnected from the data feed and therefore no price action is shown on the charts.
Any ideas please.
Also is it obvious where these new tools/bar types are located within the platform [when I get to the populated charts]
Many thanks
Dave
UK

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:16 am

Hi Dave,

Make sure you're also running the IQCollector program, which is separate from w59. It's under start - programs - wave59. Install 2.22 if you don't see it....

Earik

daveobrien

Post by daveobrien » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks Earik.
A few things please.
1.I'm not an IB client but do have DTN...is the set up the same as detailed in the help video which seems to be skewed towards IB clients ?
2.When trying to download data,the system asks something about Active X or something before freezing ?
3.Can historical data be downloaded for the first time when the markets are closed [like today,Sunday afternoon ]
4.Is there another video featuring marrying the collector to the W59 platform ?
5.I'm really bad at symbols/tickers etc ,so I tend to use the continuous alternatives.
Would you happen to know the symbols to use please for futures; Crude,ES,and US Bonds globex/continuous settings within the collector platform.
6.If and when I manage to get the above working,are the new bartype alternatives easy to locate within the W59 PRO (2) platform [ which i think you are now calling "Trader Workstation " ??]
Many thanks
Dave
UK

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi Dave,

I think you're watching the wrong video... There shouldn't be anything in there about IB. It sounds to me like you're actually on History59, which is meant for using IB. The icon is actually identical in that program to the one used for IQCollector (a satellite dish), but they are completely separate. Launch IQCollector.exe, then go to the help menu, and watch the video there. Does that make more sense?

The symbols will be the same as in IQFeed. So for a continuous chart, you'd use @ES#, etc. There's a symbol guide at http://www.iqfeed.net/wave59 if you want to look thing up. To get to the bartypes in W59, you go format - chart, and then there's a new tab in there. You'll only see that if you have IQCollector selected as your data feed though (file - data source). Trader Workstation is IB's trading platform. You won't need to do anything with that unless you plan to execute through them.

Let me know if that doesn't help...

Earik

daveobrien

Post by daveobrien » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Thanks Earik
1. My error seems to be that I downloaded the update from the platform and not the website.
The main dialogue box for the collector is gathering data such as;

@ES#: 1965.5
@ESU15: 1965.5
@ES#: 1965.5
@ESU15: 1965.75
@ES#: 1965.75
@ESU15: 1965.75
@ES#: 1965.75

but on the rigthand side I see the following

L1 Socket: [10061] Connection refused
L1 Socket: OK

Also for some reason the[ next] download dialogue box with the date input etc ,remains unpopulated by any tickers/symbols though seems still downloading because of data shown above.

2.Can we by any chance overlay the new bartypes on time based charts

Cheers
Dave