Loaded question

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
NDscorpini

Loaded question

Post by NDscorpini » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi Earik,
I have been thinking lately about mechanical systems trading and 2 things you've said came to mind.
1. part of the reason you built Wave59 was because Tradestation doesn't do perfectly squared charts
2. Fibo Vortex is or can be 70% accurate
So it begs the question, why not build a hive or expert system around the Fibo Vortex? Is this possible or will it be in the future? Thanks
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

Feinberg

Re: Loaded question

Post by Feinberg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:01 am

Hi,

I mustsa got lucky.

I anchored this two days ago and when I rotated it, one of the spirals caught today's low.

This is the same Vortex I posted several weeks ago, and since then I have never resized it.............AND I ATTACHED THE ACTUAL CHART FILE FOR YOU, TOO.

The second chart is an update...........
Last edited by Feinberg on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

supracharger

Post by supracharger » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:42 pm

ND,

It would be a huge programming task to code the Fib Vortex into a signal that a computer would understand. Probably would best done with recursion and trial and error. Anyways, from what I done with my short coding career, the huge investment in coding things like the Vortex is very seldom a good investment (time-wise), but can be done. If you want to go after it, try adding a Vortex on a chart and record the date, time, and the BuySell signal, and code that manually to see if it is worth spending the time or money (hiring a coder) to go after that endeavor.

- Andrew

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:08 pm

ND,

Geometry is awesome stuff, but it's not very suited to mechanical systems. It's just WAY too hard to teach a computer to understand that sort of thing. The whole, placing, sizing, spinning, multiple spiral targets, etc, would be a nightmare to program. Technically possible, but really hard.

Earik