Gann box

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
chrisw

Gann box

Post by chrisw » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:36 am

Hi all

I am trying to get draw this Gann box pattern - I have drawn this by 'hand' with trendlines and rectangle tool - any pointers to how I can do this with the Gann square or do I use pattern builder in Wave59?

Grateful for any pointers.

Hope you're all keeping well.

Chris
Attachments
Gann box.PNG
Gann box.PNG (95.27 KiB) Viewed 7952 times

abacaba

Re: Gann box

Post by abacaba » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:26 pm

Chris,

You can build that pattern using the W59 pattern builder. That's how I did it. For instruction on how to use the pattern builder, go to Help>Wave59 Help>Pattern Builder.

What is known as the "Gann Square" is the pattern obtained from the construction lines for what mathematician Jay Kappraff calls the Brunes Star. Both patterns appear in Tons Brunes' Secrets of Ancient Geometry. I am not a Gann scholar and have no desire to be, but just how Gann found this pattern and realized its potential (at least some of the potential) for modeling markets is a VERY interesting question.

There's a deep reason he called this construction his "master calculator." Once you understand what's going on in it, you can develop other tools from those insights with no need to carry around a clunky pictogram on your charts. But beyond observing that what is pleasing to the eye is also pleasing to the ear, I'm going to leave it at that!

Todd

chrisw

Re: Gann box

Post by chrisw » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:50 pm

Thank you - that's really helpful Todd, I'm so grateful for your reply.

Chris