The Eagle Has Landed ;-)

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

The Eagle Has Landed ;-)

Post by ForJL » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:24 pm

I originally intended this for one particular member of the board but all are welcomed to view it. If you study it you should have no difficulty figuring out how basic GREG works. Additionally, as I already pointed out in another thread, this can very easily be done in Wave 59.

Joe

PS There is another version which I call GREG(k). ;-)
Attachments
GREG6.png
GREG6.png (70.63 KiB) Viewed 9246 times

ES_Surfer

Re: The Eagle Has Landed ;-)

Post by ES_Surfer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:14 am

ForJL, this is beautiful! I will study it first. Very excited to see it on my favorite market, ES. Look at my username. ;)

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:35 pm

Hi Surfer,

It’s always gratifying to read comments like that and of course very much appreciated. So let me see if I can give you and anyone else who wants to take a shot at this some pointers. It all starts with identifying the energy signature and it’s two energy inflection points (EIP’s). To get the kind of results you see here this must be correct. What you are essentially trying to do is identify the dominant harmonic to which the market is vibrating to. While trying to identify the dominant energy signature it is incumbent upon you to remember that at any given point in time there are many different energy signatures acting upon the market that will return varying degrees results. There will be however one, generally, that will dominate a particular time domain until energy decay sets in and the harmonic map is no longer valid. I say generally because there will be times where you can have more then one energy signature of equal or near equal strength that you will have to deal with. These can be complicated and a subject for another time. In most of the work that I do with geometric patterns I use EIP’s that occur on market lows. Again, a subject for another time. GREG however is certainly not one of them. Actually GREG is a different type of animal in a lot of ways but nothing you need to concern yourself with to construct the pattern.

Once the energy signature is properly identified you must then measure it’s length in time and project into the future to find the reflection point of the pattern. You must then work out the correct harmonic to use. This is not necessarily easy and to further complicate the issue there may very well be more then one answer. Unfortunately that is all I’m going to say on this point. In the chart below you see I am using three times the length of the energy signature added to the end EIP. (The answer as to why is actually in the chart) You always work off the end EIP in the basic GREG pattern. (There are more advanced versions that are constructed somewhat differently) Once you have worked out the reflection point place a horizontal line on the close of each EIP. Next, place a Gann Fan on the opening EIP close price. You then place another in the opposite direction (going back in time) where the ending EIP close price meets the reflection point. These fans are divided into eighth's. Then take the Concentric Circle tool and draw from the opening EIP close price to the point where you just drew the second Gann Fan … where the ending EIP close price meets the reflection point. You then draw another from there back to the opening EIP close price. These too are divided into eighths The last thing you are going to do is work out the scaling. I use Gerbino Sequence numbers exclusively simply because my research has shown that they work best. You are of course welcomed to try anything you like. The only thing I would suggest on this is that you don’t pick a number out of the air or because it “looks right.” I have to admit I really hate when I hear that and personally never do anything on my charts with out a solid thought out reason. Besides, all the components in the construction of GREG patterns are designed to work in concert with one another. Get one of them wrong and results will suffer.

That’s about it. I know I left you with a lot of blanks on this but stick with it and I feel you will end up with a solid tool in which to work with.

All the best,
Joe

PS I keep forgetting to mention that the prediction starts at the green dot which of course is now self evident.
Attachments
GREG6a.png
GREG6a.png (98.49 KiB) Viewed 9213 times
GREG6b.png
GREG6b.png (82.25 KiB) Viewed 9213 times

Feinberg

Post by Feinberg » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:08 pm

What about something like this?

GREG_210624a.jpg
GREG_210624a.jpg (267.23 KiB) Viewed 9038 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:45 pm

There you go! Very nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Joe