Drawing tool/Pattern help

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
Mongo

Drawing tool/Pattern help

Post by Mongo » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:04 pm

Hello,
I finally got around to watching the Scaling video and while full of good info it leaves out some beginner stuff. Earik talks fast and goes through some things quickly that I haven't been able to figure out. The number one thing is I followed what he did to make the square but in the video he resizes the square but doesn't say how he does it and I haven't found the answer in Help or the forum. I made a scaled chart, built a square just like the video with one hotspot top left of the square. When I load the square shape onto the chart it stays the same size I made it and I can't resize it like he did in the video. I've tried click/hold/+/-, shift, control, numbers, etc and nothing works, it only adds whatever I click to the top of the window bar next to where it says "Wave59". How do I resize it?

Also, when I try to zoom on a chart it just makes a full screen blank white window with no price or time and nothing changes that, any ideas?

Another item, when using the Gann Square tool, it makes squares all over the screen and I can't resize or move them either. I can't find any documentation on how to adjust and use them that works...I just wanted to start out with one!

Any help? Thanks!!

ForJL

Re: Drawing tool/Pattern help

Post by ForJL » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi Mongo,

I’m not sure if I completely understand your questions but lets give it a try. If you want to rescale your pattern and make it smaller or larger first take the Move A Drawing tool (It looks like a red truck) and click on the hotspot of your pattern. If you are not sure where the hotspot is tap on the shift key which will highlight the hotspot with a red dot. You sometimes have to look closely because that dot is very tiny. Once you click the hotspot with the Move Drawing tool you can increase or decrease the pattern by either using the plus or minus keys or by using the number’s 1 or 2 (1 will decrease the pattern and 2 will increase it). If you want to increase or decrease the rate of pattern growth go to Patterns/GeometricPatterns/SetGrowthFactor and change the input. However I don’t recommend messing with that just yet until you have a better understanding of how things work first. Finally if you are zooming out and not seeing anything your scaling is probably off somehow. Change the scale to something smaller and see if that helps.

Going forward I may do a post about scaling using the pattern below as an example but haven’t yet committed to doing the project. If you have any further questions just let me know.

All the best and Happy New Year to you and the entire group,
Joe
Attachments
GCST_123120.jpg
GCST_123120.jpg (418.69 KiB) Viewed 8076 times

Mongo

Re: Drawing tool/Pattern help

Post by Mongo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:09 pm

Thank You very much! I thought I had tried that so I shutdown and restarted everything and that works. The zoom tool works now too but every time I close it, my chart in weekly, the dropdown goes back to daily. Other weird behavior is when I move my drawing to where I want it, it doesn't stay anchored if I scroll the chart the drawing stops at the left edge of the window. Very strange and makes it hard now to measure since the chart is scaled but I can't move it without losing my drawing anchor.
I still haven't figured out the Gann Square tool either, any advice on that? I just wanted to anchor one square but if I select that tool it draws a bunch of them all over with numbers at the bottom....

And now I'm STEAMED! I drew a whole bunch of lines on the weekly chart based on S/R from the drawing tool I made, switched to the daily chart and they were there, but when I drew a trendline on one section ALL MY VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL LINES DISAPPEARED!! What is going on with this program!? they don't show up on the drawing inspector any more so I assume they're gone, any ideas? Help!
Thanks!