Greetings and the "4D Trade Desk" tool from WTT

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
Kate

Greetings and the "4D Trade Desk" tool from WTT

Post by Kate » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:02 pm

First off, allow me to introduce myself. I am one of the principals at a CTA type firm that clears through Burnett commodities as our IB, and RJO as our Broker. We principally trade futures in the grain complex and cattle, and we like to spread with options. We were referred to Wave59 by a consultant who has some experience with the tool as a possible alternative to our CQG desk and we have started digging in to learn more.

I see that this forum is relatively new and that there have been a lot of posts which have been archived from the previously, so please forgive me if my questions have been answered before elsewhere:

1.) It is our understanding that the "4D Trade Desk" tool, which was created by the Wave59 community member Lars van Thienen from 'When To Trade' originally on the old Wave59 RT platform is "no longer supported" by him and is being provided "as-is". Fair enough. Does anyone on this board have 4D running with Wave59 Pro? If so, we were wondering if you might share with us any tips regarding installation, pointing to new directory structure locations, etc.

2.) It is also our understanding that within the Wave59 community, there are members that have the status of 3rd Party Solution Providers. We are open to discussing with anyone who has or is interested in possibly supporting the "4D Trade Desk" tool, because it is comprised of Visual Basic for Applications code behind the Excel spreadsheet interface, along with whatever was used to code the DLLs (more VB?) that interface with the Wave59 platform. If there is any interest, perhaps we could engage Lars in this discussion, since the reason he no longer supports the "4D Trade Desk" tool is because of how busy he probably is.

Thank You for any responses in advance.

Best Regards,
Kate