My Own Work

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

Re: My Own Work

Post by ForJL » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Robert,

I appreciate your comments and had a great weekend to boot, thanks. The GREG_k chart did just as well on Friday catching both the high and low nearly perfectly (I think it missed the low by about a point and a half). Right now the chart is of little value because it has moved to deep into the fan. It might have some utility later in the day again but it does need updating. While working today I plan on taking it easy and just looking to wind down some longer term positions I have so haven’t put together an updated chart but will do so soon.

While I’m here I did want to touch on something in my NF which occurred on Friday. Now I took Friday off but had I been trading I would have been looking at this forecast (2nd chart) and licking my chops because it has been great thus far. Lets look more closely though at Friday's afternoon action. Around 1100 I would be looking to short the market and by @1345 you would be looking golden. However not for to long because by 1500 the market flips on a dime. Now I would have been fine had I been trading because my cyclic work called it perfectly. On the other hand if you were using the NF as the sole basis of your trading decisions you would have gotten clobbered. What happened was we got a shift in the forecast and at a very inopportune time because we miss the inversion timing. Within Energy Flow theory inversions can only happen at the end of energy waves. So once we got the shift it tossed everything out of whack. As a little aside here it should be noted that following forecast shift we often get what I have termed the “snap back effect.” It’s a bit complicated but within EF theory forecast shift is now assumed, and I stress assumed, to be caused by strong isolated transit energy bursts. Their effect is short lived and as their energy dissipates there is a short term tug of war between it and the dominant energy signature that is driving the NF. Sort of like a rubber band that is first stretched and then let go. Once the transit energy has fully decayed we are back to normal … sort of.

You can always tell when I have time on my hands because I talk a lot more. :-) That’s about it for now though.

Good trading to all,
Joe
Attachments
GREG.jpg
GREG.jpg (532.48 KiB) Viewed 12812 times
EF.jpg
EF.jpg (388.79 KiB) Viewed 12812 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:21 am

In a bit of a hurry this morning but the first chart chart is another GREG. It is as they say a quick and dirty workup but believe it correct. The second is the continuing EF with the new model. It is past the optimal forecast period and showing more signs of needing harmonic adjustment to zero in on PP but sticking with it for now.

Joe
Attachments
GREGn.jpg
GREGn.jpg (311 KiB) Viewed 12763 times
EF.jpg
EF.jpg (223.33 KiB) Viewed 12763 times

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:42 am

Thanks Joe. Great EF chart, I'll be looking at the rally.

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:21 pm

Thanks Robert, always appreciated.

I was literally just asked how I get the concentric circles so thick on my charts as there is no such setting to do so in its menu. I thought I had covered this once before but perhaps it was on the old forum. No matter, will do so again now.

What we do is take advantage of one of Wave 59’s quirks. When you plot the Ellipse it can make some of the draw tools and patterns larger. In fact when I do a post on my GCST pattern it’s lines are always thicker then normal. The procedure is simple. First plot whatever tool or pattern you want to enhance on the chart. Then select the Ellipse tool and change the color to whatever color the background of your chart is. Next, select the thickness you desire … 1-4. Then simply plot the Ellipse on the chart. You wont see it but your patterns and tools will have enhanced width. Call it a workaround. ;-)

Joe
Attachments
GREGnA.jpg
GREGnA.jpg (317.07 KiB) Viewed 12751 times

nagib63

Post by nagib63 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Hi Joe,

I want let you know that even I don't interact with your work, I follow your charts with great interest. I was at the last London conference in February 2013 and we surely met at this time.

Nice job, very interesting. Thank you.

nagib
"It's not whether you're right or wrong that's
important, but how much money you make
when you're right and how much you lose
when you're wrong."
George Soros

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:45 pm

Hi Nagib,

I didn't attended any of the Power User Conferences so never had the pleasure of meeting you. Earik did ask If I would would like to present at the Vegas conference but my parents were both ill at the time and it just didn't happen. Perhaps some day Earik will put together another one and we'll have a chance to meet then. :)

Anyhow I very much appreciate your comments. If ever you have a question about anything please feel free to ask. You can post it here or PM me, either will work. It is of course an open invitation to all on the board.

All the best,
Joe

nagib63

Post by nagib63 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your proposal to help. I take note. Seeing you some day. And Happy Easter to you and all the board members.

All the Best

Nagib
"It's not whether you're right or wrong that's
important, but how much money you make
when you're right and how much you lose
when you're wrong."
George Soros

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I thought I would post this update to something I did quite a while ago that uses the Planetary Speed Line indicator in Wave 59. It's a big picture thing so not as flamboyant as say an intraday Natal Forecast but still quite relevant. Especially for those in the camp that believe a correction in the market is knocking on the door. Unfortunately the screen grab just doesn't post very well (you can't see the dates) but you should get the general idea. As unusual anyone that has any questions should feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Joe
Attachments
072021b.png
072021b.png (87.85 KiB) Viewed 11946 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:08 am

While doing a post the other day on one of the new themes in Wave I tossed up a Natal Forecast I had done to use basically as background filler. A good friend of mine and member of the board saw it and liked it so much I thought I would post a continuation of the forecast. Always keep in mind that these things can go off the rails abruptly and should never be used alone in any trading decisions. In my humble opinion of course.

Joe
Attachments
092721.jpg
092721.jpg (475.29 KiB) Viewed 11412 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:07 pm

This forecast has been treating me well for the past few weeks and should, and emphasize should, continue to do so for another ... give or take a day or two. Trying to forecast the viability of a forecast is both tricky and unreliable. Still, it offers at least some sort of yardstick from which to measure by and why I continue to do it.

One of the things I worked on a lot this past summer was to try to eliminate the need for wave modification which had gotten to be a drag. I had some success in that area but not sure it can ever be totally eliminated. As you can see the energy wave prediction bottoms out around 4390 but the market continues lower. A subtheory of Energy Flow that I call “Infinite Potential” explains this well. Simple measuring of the harmonic gives the days bottom almost perfectly. In the past I would have redrawn the forecast for the change but that is exactly what I can’t be bothered with any longer. Additionally it looks like a shift forward of approximately 3 or 4 bars occurred over the weekend and that’s okay too. Old age catching up to me … who knows. :shock: :D

One last thing, I was asked how I am able to plot inversions and normal plots in one continuous line and the answer is I can’t. All I do is trace out the forecast using the trendline pen and change colors when needed. If you try this method don’t draw from peak to peak but from bend in the line to bend in the line. It’s not perfect but works for me and the extra minute or two that it takes makes the chart aesthetically more palatable. In the past I used a different method but this far easier and looks better to boot.

Best,
Joe
Attachments
092821b.jpg
092821b.jpg (360.16 KiB) Viewed 11392 times
092821a.jpg
092821a.jpg (495.22 KiB) Viewed 11392 times