My Own Work

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

Re: My Own Work

Post by ForJL » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:26 am

Hi Simon,

It’s good to see you back on the board again. In fact I have noticed a few old names coming back lately. It’s a trend that I hope continues.

I appreciate your comments but it was a different story last month with the approach. In fact in took me a few weeks to tighten things up a bit. It was worth the effort though because I was more than pleased with today’s performance.

Anyhow when you get some time on your hands perhaps you could be persuaded to do something on your specialty. If I recall correctly it was fib confluence of time and price. If I’m wrong about that don’t hold it against me. I’m starting to get to that age where the old memory could use a little tightening also. :lol:

All the best Buddy,
Joe
Attachments
031821 PRH.jpg
031821 PRH.jpg (314.01 KiB) Viewed 12874 times

Simon.B

Post by Simon.B » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:35 pm

Hi Joe,

I haven't been following the board regularly over the past year or so. Was dealing with some health issues, nothing life threatening, but required a few surgeries with long therapy. We also help out with grandkids more lately, they are at the age when each has a bunch of activities every week, but this is labor of love :D

Good memory Joe...Fibs were always my tools of choice. You're right, good to see old names here again ! Will try to visit the board more often, and maybe post something here and there.

Best,
Simon

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi Simon,

I’m sorry to hear you have had some struggles but glad they weren’t of the serious kind. However anytime there is pain or discomfort involved they are serious enough. One thing for sure id this getting “older” stuff is for the birds. Back in the day when I was younger I use to do some boxing. I turn 62 later this year but still box as part of my workout routine. About 2 months ago I was hitting the heavy bag and was thrilled with my performance. I was hitting that darn thing with velocity and sharpness that I haven’t seen in years. It was almost like I was 20 again. The very next day I could hardly move my arms they hurt so much. In fact they still aren’t right. Who knows what I did. In a way though it was worth it ... for a few minutes anyway I was young again. ;-) My wife of course thinks it was just plain stupid. :D

Stay on track with the recovery and enjoy those grandkids! If you get a chance to post something that would be great. If not, stop by and say hi from time to time … that would be great too.

Best,
Joe

Simon.B

Post by Simon.B » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:56 am

Hi Joe,

lol, I know what you mean. Mind tells you one thing, and then body let's you know that your mind doesn't know what it's talking about :D .

Yeah, I will be turning 61 in a few months. When I complain to my doctor about getting old - he tells me that the only other alternative is not to get older ! ;) Some days are ok, other days I feel like I could get physically hurt playing chess :lol:

Be well Joe and keep at it .

Simon

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am

Will do my friend. ^

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:02 pm

I would have preferred to post this after the close but have an appointment that I can't be late for. Anyhow I believe I am starting to iron out some issues within the new model ... hopefully at least. I had been making a mistake with the master planet input due to an error n my part. If you are trying to do this type of work yourself I strongly suggest you key in on Mercury. The raw forecast is on the bottom while the top is synced for price prediction and shows all inversions.

Best,
Joe
Attachments
ClosingIn.jpg
ClosingIn.jpg (280.84 KiB) Viewed 12819 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 am

One of the goals behind this project is to limit inversions and harmonic adjustments to the maximum extent possible. However while this forecast has so far done a good job in that regard it did become necessary to make a harmonic adjustment of the energy wave that began at 1041 yesterday (shown in blue on the chart) to put the price prediction (PP) back on track. I also want to point out that this model is still in experimental stages and would definitely NOT use it in making any trading decisions. At this point only time will tell if it has merit or not.

Joe
Attachments
032321.jpg
032321.jpg (330.67 KiB) Viewed 12813 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:09 pm

A quick update on the NF. As far as the forecast is concerned I'm quiet pleased. As for the stated goal of reducing inversions and harmonic adjustments, not so much. Especially the inversions. One thing that I haven't mentioned is the issue of forecast shift. Now here I seam to have made some progress as there hasn't been any in the forecast as of yet.

On a totally different front the second chart shows a technique I used a lot going back some 8-10 years ago. It's something I call "GREG" and may cover again going forward. A lot depends on free time but thought it might be of some interest. We'll see. ;)

Best,
Joe
Attachments
032421A.jpg
032421A.jpg (415.25 KiB) Viewed 12799 times
032421B.jpg
032421B.jpg (553.43 KiB) Viewed 12799 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 pm

Nice to see an old technique still getting it done. Here you see GREG catching both high and low perfectly. Have to love Wave59.

Decided to take an extended weekend so want to wish good trading to all. If anyone has an questions I'll be glad to answer any and all. On Monday of course. ;)

Joe
Attachments
GREG 032521.jpg
GREG 032521.jpg (531.7 KiB) Viewed 12778 times

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Great chart Joe.

Price managed to drive through the channel on its fourth attempt today. Looking forward to the update.

Have a great weekend.

Robert