My Own Work

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

Re: My Own Work

Post by ForJL » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:41 am

Looks like a pretty obvious inversion at this point.
Attachments
092921.jpg
092921.jpg (437.1 KiB) Viewed 10790 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Picking up where I left off we see that there was another instance where the prediction undershot the actual price movement but Infinite Potential compensated correctly for this. This however, as I already said, is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Prior to this week I had. The second chart below shows the original forecast in green. Could it be that the effective predictive period is beginning to wane? It’s certainly a possibility but the forecast in general is still treating me well and sticking with it.

I decided to add a couple more charts to the mix today and first up is the Planet Rise Harmonics indicator. There were ten signals in total today of which I deem five very good, four useless, and one either two bars to late or one bar to early depending on your perspective. So you could say the effective rate was not much better then flipping a coin though I don’t see it that way. I approach these CIT’s the way I approach all CIT's, and that is with a big question mark. There is certain things I need to see within price action and other areas of analysis before considering these signals valid. I would also say that the five valid signals more the made up for the deficiencies of the others.

The last chart I wanted to show you guys is a simple Flux Line chart. I have a few FL charts that I like to watch but this is the money one and rarely lets me down. When it does it’s because I erred somewhere in my own calculations.

Nothing here is new and have written about all these things in the past. So while I suppose I am just rehashing old material it is nice to know they all still work. ;-)

Best,
Joe
Attachments
#3 NF.jpg
#3 NF.jpg (374.9 KiB) Viewed 10758 times
#4 NF original.jpg
#4 NF original.jpg (479 KiB) Viewed 10758 times
#2 PRH.jpg
#2 PRH.jpg (462.79 KiB) Viewed 10758 times
#1 Flux.jpg
#1 Flux.jpg (359.87 KiB) Viewed 10758 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:23 pm

The forecast obviously didn’t have it last Friday but it’s possible that was because there was a major shift in the process. So what I did was compensate by moving the forecast back 200% which is admittedly quite a bit. Additionally I synced up the energy wave to price to get the harmonics correct. Otherwise all else remains the same.

I’m really on the bubble with this one now because the optimal forecast period only ran through Wednesday or Thursday anyway and this forecast may have simply run its course. However as all ready stated, the OFP in itself can be way off and at times be totally unreliable. The proper thing would be to take a fresh look and crunch a few numbers but I simply don’t have the time for that now. So instead I'm going try and squeeze a bit more out of this one but will only trust it so far.

Best,
Joe
Attachments
100421.jpg
100421.jpg (524.55 KiB) Viewed 10717 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:21 pm

As it turned out I was justified in sticking with the forecast as it performed quite well today (first chart) in spite of the late sell off. What I really liked about it was how it picked up the acceleration in the rally. While we should be reaching the limits of viability I’m sticking with it until results prove I should do otherwise.

While I am at this I thought I would tackle a question I used to get quite a bit when I first started posting these forecasts. That being will the same forecast work on shorter time frames? Well, if you use the exact same inputs what you will end up with is the exact same forecast plotted on a shorter time framed chart. Therefore what you want to do is dig deeper into the fractal nature of these forecasts in a way that is consistent with Energy Flow theory. As such, if you can develop a model for one time frame you should be able to use it in a different time fame, either larger or smaller, if two criteria are met. First, the two time frames must be related on a fractal basis. If they are not chances are results will be poor. Second, the Planetary and exchange inputs must be changed so as to isolate the correct fractal within the new forecast.

Nowadays I don’t do as many of the short term predictions as I used to because of time constraints but still do them on a fairly regular basis. The second chart shows the original forecast on a shorter time frame with some harmonic expansion measurements. I absolutely hate making those adjustments but they work. The final chart is the forecast with all adjustments, inversions, etc, in place. Both forecast are using the same model with the only changes being the ones I outlined above.

So digging deeper into the fractal is possible. I could dig deeper still if I so chose but it would serve no practical purpose for my type of trading.

All The Best,
Joe
Attachments
100521c.jpg
100521c.jpg (580.85 KiB) Viewed 10688 times
100521b.jpg
100521b.jpg (142.47 KiB) Viewed 10688 times
100521a.jpg
100521a.jpg (126.26 KiB) Viewed 10688 times

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:02 am

A nice run but this one is definitely over!

Joe
Attachments
OVER.jpg
OVER.jpg (574.35 KiB) Viewed 10682 times