Intraday Astro on the ES

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
earik
Site Admin

Intraday Astro on the ES

Post by earik » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Hi Gang,

Was watching some old school astro tools on the ES and thought I'd share what happened at the high of the day. Check this out:
es_astro_20apr2020.png
4min ES
es_astro_20apr2020.png (76.35 KiB) Viewed 5039 times
There's a lot going on here (you can open that chart in a new window if it's hard to see), so I'll step through it piece by piece:

1) First of all, we've got today's eph there at the right. When it comes to intraday turns, the Moon is almost always involved, so one easy way to zero on in potential turns is to just use the aspect list and see what the tigtest lunar aspect is for the day. Then you just play the time and price game, and can get some very powerful targets. Today, that's the Moon-Saturn sextile, which I've put a red box around. At 9:20 my time, NY moved to take up a position on that wheel. Also note that Venus is sitting there on its own spoke, right at a price of the high. I talked about all of this back in Market Esoterica over 10 years ago, and it still works just as well today as it did back then.

2) There are two flux lines plotted on this chart, the Moon in olive and Saturn in purple. Why those two? Because that's the tightest Moon aspect, as we discovered in the ephemeris. The market ran up into a nice grouping of these lines right at the time NY was taking up its place in the pattern.

3) The red histogram at the bottom is the energy curve from AstroTrader. The AT people can sort of cheat with this stuff and just plot that and look where the big peaks and troughs are to see where markets are going to turn. Today's hump was relatively wide, but gave us the big turn forecast that lined up perfectly with the Moon/Saturn aspect.

4) The blue line is just the regular old Exchange cycles tool, but plotted using a really wide base. Most people don't know that you can slow that tool down to get fewer signals, and the market can really lock onto it from time to time. Today is only one example. The main thing is that it supports everything else, which is important. You want to know when big clusters are happening.

5) Finally, there are some techincal tools added. We've got the 9-5 count right on the price bars, and momentum at the top. The red 9 was early, but momentum divergence happened right on time. These shouldn't need a whole lot of explanation.

Anyway, the market running up into a price/time cluster, pausing, and then seeing technical signals start popping up is pretty classic. The failure to push to a new high at around 9:46 was the market showing its hand, and the safest short. And with the volatility we see in today's markets, the ES dumped 50 points right there. 50 points! I don't look at the markets every day, and I'm still coming to grips with these huge bars. Remember the old days when a 10 point move was huge, and a 20 point day was completely rare? Good time to be trading if you know what you're doing.

All for now. Stay safe!

Earik

NDscorpini

Re: Intraday Astro on the ES

Post by NDscorpini » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:06 pm

Hey Elvis,
How about a screenshot of the exchange cycle settings? Any other super secret techniques you've been holding back on?

Wave59 is a Natural Law Trading Community centered on four core values:

Generate Goodwill - Do good for others in the community
Share Your Stuff - Offer your ideas, insights and discoveries
Be open - Examine what shows up
Performance Matters

You know I'm just breaking balls in jest right? But seriously I'd like to take at look at your settings ;)
Best wishes,
NDscorpini

ForJL

Re: Intraday Astro on the ES

Post by ForJL » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:52 am

"Good time to be trading if you know what you're doing."

The daily range may have changed but that sure hasn't. ;)

Great post,

Thanks

Stay safe also.

Joe