GCST

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
ForJL

GCST

Post by ForJL » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:38 pm

I'm still doing a lot of catch up work and haven't had any time for R&D so thought I would post another one of my old techniques for some of the newer W59 users. I called it GCST (Gerbino Curved Space Time). Wave 59 has the unique ability to build patterns that really no other software can. Space time has always fascinated me and this pattern was one of the things I came up while researching the subject. One of the difficulties I had with the pattern was consistency. Like they say, when its good it's very good and when it's bad it stinks! At least I think they say that. ;) In any case it seems to be running well today so thought I would post it. By the way, this one has a 5% inclination. Can anyone guess why?

Best,
Joe
Attachments
GCST.jpg
GCST.jpg (343.46 KiB) Viewed 15438 times

ForJL

Re: GCST

Post by ForJL » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 am

The chart below shows the pattern containing price well and the CIT's pretty much nailing it. However as I mentioned in the previous post the problem with this one is consistency. For now though that is irrelevant.

Since I came back a few weeks ago I have been trying to start a conversation on the board though thus far no luck. I have to be honest I find that kind of strange because you have some of the best traders around over here. Who knows, Perhaps my work is starting to slip. :shock: :D In any case this is what I am proposing. I'm moving soon so wont have access to the board for a few days. When I get back if I see three trading related questions form three different people I will post the pattern for all and give instructions on one of the ways it can be used. Maybe even do a short video on it ... we'll see if we get that far.

We'll call it the Wave 59 Challenge ... you guys up to it? ;)

Best,
Joe
Attachments
GCST_022620.jpg
GCST_022620.jpg (422.12 KiB) Viewed 15411 times

abacaba

Post by abacaba » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Joe,

Thanks for the posts.

Speaking as one W59 long timer to another, I think the reason for so few notices here might be we're all too busy taking it to the bank :mrgreen:

But I'll take you up on this -- what information does that torus model, how do you place it, why the angular displacement...that kind of stuff.

Todd

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 am

Hi Todd,

Great hearing from a fellow W59 alumnus. You know I always suspected a financial implication for the silence around here. Now I have the proof! :lol:

Okay, so a tip of the hat to the man who correctly identifies the pattern as a torus though the original project did start out as a curvature of spacetime due to the effects of gravity. The idea was to have the range of a price move represent mass and model the distortion of spacetime around it to represent support and resistance of price. Naturally as soon as I get started I run into a myriad of problems that prevented me from taking it much past an idea. However while doing research for the project I came across the torus and thought it looked interesting. It fit better into another project I was doing at the time dealing with harmonic patterns but never did “reassign” it. A rose by any other name.

I tried a lot of different ways to use it but consistency was always lacking. If you look back on some of my previous posts on the subject done a few years ago you will see some of those efforts. In this particular example the 5* tilt represents the inclination of the moon. Thus far this has shown the most promise of all the various things I have tried. When you get it right those “rings” projecting outwards act as CIT areas though I haven’t a clue at this point as to why. The other interesting thing about those rings is that while there are two separate sets (upper and lower due to tilt) only one works at a time … again, I don’t know why.

That’s about it for now. I’m going to PM you a copy of the pattern later if you want to mess around with it. When I get done with the move I will show you a simple way to use it. In the meantime feel free to post anything you may come up with. The only thing I ask is that you don’t share the pattern itself. We still need two more questions for that. ;)

Best,
Joe
Attachments
GCST_022720.jpg
GCST_022720.jpg (431.49 KiB) Viewed 15388 times

Eagle

Post by Eagle » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Thought-provoking pattern Joe. Great stuff.

There is plenty of depth and understanding in your work. Definitely a pattern worth further research.

I will certainly be reading your posts.

Thanks

Rob

kjociii

Post by kjociii » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi Joe,

It looks like you are using 18° for your longitudinal separation. That’s something that I haven’t seen often. Is it attuned to this market, or is there something specific that you like?

Also, the chart seems to alternate between the visible and hidden faces of the torus. Is that knowable in advance?

Thanks for sharing!

Kenn
Wave59 Solution Provider
Custom QScript Programming
kenn@scriptbuilder.net

David

Post by David » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:48 pm

Every 18 degrees = 1.414 in a floweret "dots in a spiral"

so pretty cool

David

Simon.B

Post by Simon.B » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Nice to see you back and posting again Joe. Interesting stuff as usual !

Simon

dirk

Post by dirk » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi Joe , fantastic work as usual

ForJL

Post by ForJL » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi Guys,

It’s great to see a bunch of old friends posting again, Simon, G, Durk, and new ones stepping up too. This use to be the best board around and have little doubt it can be again!

I’m in the new place and the move is over so now the real work begins … unpacking! Right now my system is only jury-rigged with one monitor so I can check up on a few things. As soon as I am done here I will break it down again and start putting the office together.

Anyhow enough of the domestic minutia. I’ll be back in a few days to answer questions but in the meantime here is the pattern for all to use. While there are many ways to use it the most simple and effective is to mark off x amount of price range using the horizontal marker. I prefer Gerbino Sequence numbers but you can experiment with anything. Fib of course comes to mind right away though I have done little testing with it. All that is then needed is to resize the pattern to fit within this range. You then place the hotspot on an energy inflection point. My work has shown that you have a bit of latitude here because you can adjust the hotspot to anywhere within the range of the energy inflection point bar. You can make a slight adjustment as price begins to move away from the EIP but it is best to keep this at a bare minimum. If you like you can add inclination to the pattern also. As an example you might want to look at the inclination of the outer planets for longer term work.

As I say there are many ways to use this pattern and this is just one example. For instance, in the above scenario we looked at price range, well, how about time? How about time/price squared? Use your imagination, think out of the box (when appropriate) and hopefully you will find success with it. As for me … I need to put an office together. ;-)

Good Luck,
Joe

PS So you know I put the pattern in a zip file. If you have any issues getting it let me know and I'll try something different. To be honest I forget how to post these type of files but think this should work.
Attachments
GCST_2.7z
(69.95 KiB) Downloaded 401 times