Ephemeris Planet Labels

This is a forum to discuss trading tools and approaches to timing the market.
dwedding

Ephemeris Planet Labels

Post by dwedding » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 am

Earik,

Is it possible to display labels with the name of the planets on the ephemeris. I have a lot of trouble identifying the cryptic labels on the Wave59 planet degrees and on the zodiac wheel to identify which planets are doing what. For example I'm attaching an image of what I'm describing. If Wave59 could be made to display its ephemeris something like this, it sure would be helpful.

I guess I'm supposed to look at the colors of the tiny dots on the Wave59 ephemeris to decrypt what's going on with the planets. I have no idea of which color is what planet. That's where full name labels are helpful.
screenshot.1566.jpg
screenshot.1566.jpg (180.9 KiB) Viewed 14992 times

earik
Site Admin

Re: Ephemeris Planet Labels

Post by earik » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi Dwedding,

I thought about doing it like that in the beginning, but it was way too messy. Unfortunately, once you start adding natals/progressions/geometry/etc, an ephemeris wheel gets pretty cluttered, and text labels would be difficult to read... If you aren't into the symbols, go format - properties, and uncheck the "symbols" box (middle right). That will flip them from pictures to single letter text labels, which might be easier. In that case, the codes are:

M = mercury
V = venus
H = Sun
R = mars
J = jupiter
S = saturn
U = uranus
N = neptue
P = pluto
T = Moon
O = node

All of them are what you'd expect, except for the Sun, Moon, and Mars, which are H/T/R, since the letters S and M were already taken. H = Helios, T = Terrestrial moon, R = mars. In hindsight, I think I should have gone with L for moon (lunar), but back then the guy whose research I spent a lot of time studying used T, and I just adopted his notation rather than mixing it up. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:56 am

I don't think that I explained myself clearly. There are colored dots that seem to be representing planets on the ephemeris. This also applies to the chart when the natal calculations are included where there even more colored dots. I'm not talking about the planet symbols. I have no way of identifying the colored dots that I think are giving information about some planets.
Sample Ephemeris Question.png
Sample Ephemeris Question.png (172.12 KiB) Viewed 14803 times

kmorgan

Post by kmorgan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:58 pm

D,

In Wave59, go to the Help Menu, and in the search box in the upper left, type in " Planet Colors".

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:33 pm

kmorgan,

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:51 pm

Earik,

There's a lot of empty space on the right side of the ephemeris. It would be helpful to place a legend of the planet colors there for traders to quickly see the planets identified by color. Also it would be helpful to have a planet symbol legend there too.
Planet Colors Wave59 Ephemeris.jpg
Planet Colors Wave59 Ephemeris.jpg (78.72 KiB) Viewed 14785 times

earik
Site Admin

Post by earik » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Hi David,

I'll add a legend for you in 2.38. ;)

Earik

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks Earik.

dwedding

Post by dwedding » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:35 am

Earik,

Thank you very much for adding the legend for the planets on the ephemeris for the radial lines. Sorry to bother you again, but for the dots on the outer ring, some of the colors look very similar and hard to distinguish their differences. So I'd like to ask that planet symbols be an alternative, just as you make this available for the radial lines, it should help to have planet symbols for a alternate choice for the outer ring.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
David Wedding